Thread: Vortex warranty

kruzr69

Vortex warranty

I bought a Crossfire 6-24X50 from SWFA for $99. Mounted it on my .243 and went to sight it in. Every shot would move the elevation turret 1 click. I printed off the warranty paper from Vortex's website and sent it in on Feb 14th. It arrived at Vortex Friday afternoon, and was on its way back to me the next Monday. They tightened the turret springs and glued them, also cleaned and inspected the whole scope.

I was without my scope 11 days. That is pretty good service for a inexpensive scope. Just wanted to share my good experience with Vortex.

Re: Vortex warranty

When did you buy it?

My understanding was that this issue was fixed late last year and that the $99 ones from SWFA were part of the "new & corrected" batch.

I was planning to order one over the weekend.

kruzr69

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo88mm
    When did you buy it?

My understanding was that this issue was fixed late last year and that the $99 ones from SWFA were part of the "new & corrected" batch.

I was planning to order one over the weekend.
    I bought it in December. I think the issue they had with the turrets was that they were marked wrong. They did correct that a while ago, I hadnt heard of them being loose.

showgun

My buddy bought the viper and had it on a coyote gun, he slipped and fell on the rifle smashing the scope and shattering the glass on rocks. Vortex replaced it no questions asked, Pretty good service if you ask me.

Yea, there was an issue with the turrets that match your description. I believe I read on another forum (possible optics talk or snipershide) where a Vortex rep said the tension on the turrets were not being set correctly which would cause the issue. This was supposed to be corrected going forward. December is right around the time I think the issue was addressed so hopefully the stuff thats out now won't have the problem.

It is good to hear that they fixed it. I have heard nothing but good things about their service which is why I am willing to buy one despite this hiccup.