Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most adjustable scope for the money

wrvet05

Re: Most adjustable scope for the money

Check out the line of Horus Optics the current unofficial world record holder used one of these scopes to put 10 rds in a 26 in group at 3000 yds. unbelievable show me a leopold do that.

helotaxi

That was 90% shooter and 10% rifle. Scope nowhere in the equation. I've never heard anything good about Horus scopes other than their innovative reticules. The glass is widely accepted as sub-par within their price range.

Basic Member

I like both apples and oranges ;D Im talking bang for buck and correct me if im wrong here but if i was gonna spend 900 bucks on a scope what the hells the difference of another 3 or 4 after all the reviews (not owned a pst) i wouldnt waste my money with them after a few years and someone blows one up with explosives and pulls it behind a 4 wheeler ok ill bite until then im sticking with what i know works. the only diff. between a sfp and ffp is the price you can do the same thing with most high end sfp scopes because at X power the sub-tensions are correct. My point is everyone has their own opinions apparently you just feel strongly about yours.
    P.s after being on some of these forums you can find things cheaper i agree and am glad they do that for us.
    couple of savages

range rat

My favorite low dollar scope is the Weaver V24 8-24x42 AO. It's on my 100-300 yard match rifle. I'm constantly twisting the turrets and it always goes back to the same zero I gave it 2 years ago. They're durable,reliable and clear. Not sure on the amount of travel.

Basic Member

Thank ya rat I have been lookig at the weaver scopes and they are not out of the question. glad you have had good success with yours ill check it out.
    couple of savages

sveda

I just went through this same issue. I have a SS 10x on a tactical rifle. I have a very nice 6-24 Nikon Monarch another bolt gun. I just picked up a "bang for the buck" scope for a high end AR-10. I got a Millett 4-16 x 50 (.1mill) side focus $299. I had it to the range this last weekend and played with all 3. The Nikon does not have the adjustment range but does have the best optics as you'd expect for the scope that costs 2x+ the others. The SS is quick to target and quicker to windage adjust (1/4mil). The Millett is a fine piece and I think I did well. The optics are fine (tested morning, noon, evening). I'm a not used to the 10 clicks though for adjustment but when it was zeroed (@200) it was really zero/zero. The 50 front objective does gather so much light it is the only way to go. I was going to get another SS but the adjustable power was $700 and the Millett wasn't. I hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12