I currently have just assembled a sav.12 in .223 installed a 20moa base for the long shots need help with a scope. I put my 4200 on it snagged off my 30-06 for load testing I didnt wana get a bunch of money in the gun and then find out it wouldnt shoot. Problem is my 4200 is a mil-dot. fit right on and bolted up. BUT zeroed @100 yards puts me on the very top mil-dot on 12x which is fine for loading purposes. I need a variable power scope that has at least 60moa. elevation. I understand you get what you pay for all too well, but i know that in nonlife and death situations. sometime (not all the time) there is a decient compromise. I would like a bigger scope as it is going to be a pd shooter, yet i need it to come back to the 100 yard line for hunting coyotes and such. Im Not interested in the fixed 10 that everyone loves. Im young but always have had to have glasses i like to see what im shootin at then if i miss it was my fault. lol< may go witha 10x now that i think of it. THE question is does anyone know of a good scope less than 5 or 600 bucks less is better that would be capable of doing the above adjusting? if so personal experience with that particular scope and how well it held up, Im not going to throw the gun off a mountain but it needs to be repeatable. Thanks in advance. and thanks for the egw base idea fit like a glove and looks cool taboot.