Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use BSA tactical scopes?

bdreptiles

Anyone use BSA tactical scopes?

I've been considering a BSA because Leupold is just a little pricey. I seen a thing on the Out Doors channel one Wednesday night and they we're talking pretty highly of them. So just wondering if anyone here has personal experience with them.

Basic Member

Re: Anyone use BSA tactical scopes?

Not with that particular series of scopes, but their optics are very good imo.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Basic Member

Haven't heard anything good about BSA scopes. Check out Vortex. SSS handles them.
    Charlie
    laportecharlie

I've never seen on of the "tactical" models but if it's anything like the rest of their products......

It's crap! I've got a few....they work (kinda) but the glass is awful.

There are too many quality scopes out there to limit yourself to BSA and Leupold.

Nikon
    Burris
    Vortex
    Sightron
    Weaver
    Bushnell 3200/4200 series
    Pentax

44magyota

The only good scope BSA makes is for the .22! Other than that its not worth the money buying one.

pa hog

I'd save up and go another route.. But maybe a 3.5-10x50 Sightron SI or a 5-15 Bushnell Legend if you want to save some cash. But don't skimp on your Optics,save up if you have to and buy it once.

10fp

+1 pass

Own 1, will never buy another. picture starts to blur half way through the power range. So disappointing, I am not sure I would take a free one home if some one gave it to me.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

hitman49

I have a friend who is all about BSA Scopes. He talked me into buying one once and within 2 days I had traded it for something else. They are not even worth the low prices they sell them for. I would pass.

hank440

Have you tried a Falcon Menace scope ? they have a nice 4-14x44mm FFP mil/mil for about $400 and are coming out soon with a 56 and 50 mm versions too

Marlin

Ever try a Super Sniper from SWFA? I have two, a 10x and a 16x and have been VERY pleased with both scopes on my tactical rifles. All this in spite of the fact that their parent company is Tasco (Trashco)! They are NOT a Nightforce or an IOR Valdada but they are very good scopes, especially considering the price.

Savage Lover

P.O.S. You know what that stands for. Don't waste your money. Bushnell Elite 3200 is a great scope and you can get a 3x9 for around $250. BSA=Crap just look through one at a store you'll see how dim and cloudy they are. I wouldn't even put one a pellet gun.
    If you heard something "good" about them on the Outdoor Channel it is because that show you were watching is sponsored by BSA.

Team Savage

I guess everybody thinks they're junk but me. I've got 3 of them. I'de much rather have a BSA scope on my rifle when it gets knocked off the bench or gets damaged while out on a hunt. For the price, you havn't lost much compared to a higher price unit. I'de rather replace a damaged $100.00 scope than have to pop to replace a $500.00 + scope. And it only needs to hit the ground 1 time.
    All 3 of my BSA scopes are crystal clear and hold the settings without any problems.
    Got a high $$$ Leupold that's been back for repairs 3 times. So much for your QC high $$$ scopes. And it's mounted on a 10/22 no less. I've heard the same BS about the recoil of the 10/22 causing the scope problems? Tell that to my BSA on a M1A! ;D
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

10fp

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin
    Ever try a Super Sniper from SWFA? I have two, a 10x and a 16x and have been VERY pleased with both scopes on my tactical rifles. All this in spite of the fact that their parent company is Tasco (Trashco)! They are NOT a Nightforce or an IOR Valdada but they are very good scopes, especially considering the price.
    Don't forget that its also available in a 20x and they have a 10x model with a side focus, otherwise they're rear focus, if i remember right they WERE made by tasco, but swfa bought the rights to the line, and that's why they're only available there.

all that said therye a good optic, solid and durable, and priced reasonably. The glass is good but not the best.

TechHunter

My friend owns one and it is the biggest piece of @rap I have ever seen used as a scope. I cant even find my target at 100 yards. You have several better choices before you get to the price range of the Leupolds, including Nikon Buckmasters and Bushnell 3200, among others. Dont waste your money.
    JMHO.

1Shot

..I got 2 junkers in the box now...Won't hold a zero for $hit...Your money... :-X...
    ..6x24x40 mil-dot..
    ..8x32x40 mil-dot..

DGD6MM

Save yourself time,money,aggravation-buy a good quality scope the first time. What I've seen in the past that after people buy those bsa's and use them alittle there only good for pounding nails after a time or two of use... Don Dunlap

bdreptiles

Thanks guys I wasnt sure what to take of them. A friend of mine has one of the Super Sniper scopes and loves it so I'll probably look into one of those.

82boy

Not all Tasco's are bad. The ones made before K mart went bankrupt and pulled Tasco down the tubes, and forced them out of business, and another famous brand name bought the Tasco name, the old Tasco's were excellent scopes, especially the made in japan scopes. If you look them up on e-bay you will find they will bring a premium price used. The world class plus scopes will bring 200 to 300 bucks used, as long as they are the older japan made ones. Now Ithat I am done hijacking this thread, now lets get back to the topic.

My experience with BSA is they make excellent paper weights, or a door stop and that is about it. You don't have to buy a Leopold to get a great scope, there are other good scopes for little money. Look at Mueller, Vortex, and Famous Maker Brand scopes, all are excellent scopes for the money. I would easlily put a Vortex up against a Leopold.

DGD6MM

The Weaver T-Series has better optics then the Super Snipers for a little more money and are durable,but the drawback is a 1inch tube.

Ducatiman

The problem is, nobody makes a decent scope under $200.
    So you are putting a $20 saddle on a $10 horse.

Personally, I have a BSA Huntsman 4-12 x 50mm on my Savage .270 and have had ZERO problems with it, but that's just me. I am not going to say most of the scopes mentioned are not better, but mine holds zero, magnifies and doesn't fog, so.....

If I had a mind to, I would go plunk down for a Swarovski or Zeiss or something, but if I were doing that, I guess I would be shooting a handmade rifle too.

Buy the best scope you can afford, but don't be ashamed to buy what you can afford regardless of the cost.

Eric in NC

Quote Originally Posted by Ducatiman
    So you are putting a $20 saddle on a $10 horse.

Personally, I have a BSA Huntsman 4-12 x 50mm on my Savage .270 and have had ZERO problems with it, but that's just me. I am not going to say most of the scopes mentioned are not better, but mine holds zero, magnifies and doesn't fog, so.....

If I had a mind to, I would go plunk down for a Swarovski or Zeiss or something, but if I were doing that, I guess I would be shooting a handmade rifle too.

Buy the best scope you can afford, but don't be ashamed to buy what you can afford regardless of the cost.
    A Ducati guy that has a thought about cost??!??! What is the world comming to?!?!

82boy

Quote Originally Posted by Ducatiman
    There is a couple of company's making great scopes for under $200 bucks. Check out Vortex, I would put them against any Leopold. The 6-24x50 runs in at $160. and they have many other scopes for more or less money depending on what your looking for.

Basic Member

I know someone is going to cuss me out for this, but I own 2 Barska 4-12x50 one on a savage 223 and another on a 308 winchester. both hold zero perfectly. They aren't as perfectly clear as a Leupold but I like mine.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by 82boy
    Not all Tasco's are bad. The ones made before K mart went bankrupt and pulled Tasco down the tubes, and forced them out of business, and another famous brand name bought the Tasco name, the old Tasco's were excellent scopes, especially the made in japan scopes. If you look them up on e-bay you will find they will bring a premium price used. The world class plus scopes will bring 200 to 300 bucks used, as long as they are the older japan made ones. Now Ithat I am done hijacking this thread, now lets get back to the topic.
    I really had no basis to call Tasco's Trashco's because, with the exception of the Super Snipers, I have never owned one. I beleive that Tasco still assembles the Super Sniper scopes for SWFA but I know that SWFA owns the name and all rights to the scope. It's just that I never heard any really good feedback from people I know that own them (Tasco's, that is). I didn't mean to step on anybodys toes by trashing Tasco.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast