Thread: 110E

Leon

110E

Hey guys, I have been lurking around here for a bit and absorbing the endless information (I have learned so much here already). Now it is time for a first post!

I have a couple of savages that I will be tearing down to the receiver and custom building as soon as I decide what I am going to turn them into lol.

I am currently looking at buying another (a savage 110E .243win) in near perfect condition.

The thing I am wondering is on the 110E, with the age and whatnot, is there anything special I need to know about this model that may make it more difficult to build on? Will the normal stagger-feed aftermarket stocks fit it with no problem or is something different, small shank barrels fit same as the more modern 10/110 series etc?

I figured it is about the same as the modern (pre-centerfeed) savages but I figured I would ask the people who would know from experience before I go spending money on something that may or may no cause me problems. If everything is just the same as a more modern 10/110 then I am good to go.

Thanks in advance for the info, this site is a MUST for anyone building savages.

Thanks, Leon

Re: 110E

http://savageshooters.com/SavageForu...ic,3883.0.html

Read this it may be a J series action. You will need to measure the action screw spacing. Typically a 243 would be in a 10 series action (Short) however if it says its a 110 it could be a long or J series actions. If J series finding a stock may be difficult.

Leon

Thanks for that info, it is in fact a 110E (stamped on barrel) I'm glad I asked first. Thanks again!

ellobo

It may have a long action magazine with spacers in it to accomodate the shorter cartridge, or a shorter magazine. Mounting screw spacing is the key to wether a stock is available or not. If it has the longer magazine it is convertable to long action cartridges. Also will have the flat rear reciever. I would look for a different rifle to buy for yur build.

El Lobo

My .260 Remington is built on a long 110E action...works just fine.