Thread: Hogue Stocks

Advertiser

Hogue Stocks

Does anyone have one of these yet? I'm wonder how well the fit is...

11fcns

Re: Hogue Stocks

i've been wondering the same thing. wanted one for DBM hunting rifle. only thing that worries me is that the ones they put on the Rem 700 SPS Tactical are flimsy, and when mounted on a bipod, flex and make contact with the barrell.

Basic Member

I have one of the non aluminum reinforced models For the short action DBM. It is a bit on the flimsy side. I opened the barrel channel up a bit to give it a bit more float and now have no problems with contact. I feels just like Remington version. The only thing I do not like about it is they put the cutout on the rear pillar for the little clip that goes on the blind mag version. It should not have this cut as it is the DBM stock. It was a slight oversight by them that I remedied by bedding (which I was going to do anyway). I got this stock to use on a lighter carry, deeper brush, type rifle and not a long range gun. With its slightly vertical grip angle it is pretty comfortable for a sporter style stock (the only sporter stock I own).

Reaper

Hey Guys i new to this sight and was wondering if any has and cool ideas for a 1998 Savage model 10 308. Also curious if is possible to put the 10 BA stock on it... Thanks

lowglow

I ordered a New Hogue Stock for my savage, with the full length piller block, but as of now I am on a 3 month back order list because of design changes in Hogues Stocks.

Once I get it in and installed I will let everyone know if it's good or bad.

lwink

To echo what's been said the stocks are nice with good color options but very flimsy. Wait for the full aluminum block model to come out and that one should be great. Mid summer according to Hogue. Happy waiting

old geezer

Do they make a stock for the model 11f hunter? I do not like the factory synthetic stock on the 11f. It shoots great, I just like the Hogue better. I have one on a Ruger 10/22. I need one with a blind center feed magazine. I am wondering if they make it, and if so, where to get it. Thanks.

The hogue looks and feels great in a clean room.It picks up dust and dirt and you have to wipe it down with 409 if you get any dust on it or it will feel gritty.I hated mine for that reason.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

BDWoodman

Just received two of the aluminum pillar, not full aluminum bedded, for DBM, Varmint and Standard contour from Midway. Yep, a little flimsy on the muzzle end but not bad. Worse, Hogue instructions on web site and from insert in package claim that the front pillar can be removed and rotated 180 degrees to fit either the 4.25 or 4.40 action spacing (Hogue calls them 2nd & 3rd generation). Not so on the stocks I received. I even called before I pressed the pillar out of the stock. Was told "trust me, turn it around". So I pressed the pillar out with a c-clamp and reinstalled 180 degrees. No change in spacing. Called Hogue back and what they are talking about is a plastic pillar insert that can be removed from the pillar and rotated 180 degrees. They do not intend for the pillar to be pressed out of the stock and reinstalled. Really disappointed. I wanted these to work for the 4.25/ stagger feed SA. I'm still looking for a DBM stocks.

kman
    Quote Originally Posted by BDWoodman View Post
    Just received two of the aluminum pillar, not full aluminum bedded, for DBM, Varmint and Standard contour from Midway. Yep, a little flimsy on the muzzle end but not bad. Worse, Hogue instructions on web site and from insert in package claim that the front pillar can be removed and rotated 180 degrees to fit either the 4.25 or 4.40 action spacing (Hogue calls them 2nd & 3rd generation). Not so on the stocks I received. I even called before I pressed the pillar out of the stock. Was told "trust me, turn it around". So I pressed the pillar out with a c-clamp and reinstalled 180 degrees. No change in spacing. Called Hogue back and what they are talking about is a plastic pillar insert that can be removed from the pillar and rotated 180 degrees. They do not intend for the pillar to be pressed out of the stock and reinstalled. Really disappointed. I wanted these to work for the 4.25/ stagger feed SA. I'm still looking for a DBM stocks.
    Does anyone know if the full aluminum bedded hogue stock is convertible for 4.25 and 4.40 action spacing?

Thanks

You might be able to find your answer here: http://www.hogueinc.com/knowledgebase/SrchResult.asp

kman
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_GUN_NUT View Post
    You might be able to find your answer here: http://www.hogueinc.com/knowledgebase/SrchResult.asp
    Thanks, I looked up "Savage 110" and it answered all of my questions completely!

13. 01-28-2014, 07:08 PM

Reason
    Duplicate post: You already started another thread with the same post.