My 1st post here. Other than my shotgun, I've just purchased my first rifle, a Savage Model 25. Having searched the topic here and seen various posts, I may be over my head even asking in this forum but...

I could not find the exact model I wanted locally, so I had a rifle shipped in. I've noticed that the "Floating Barrel" on this rifle is very much off center, if not actually touching the left side of the stock. Obviously this is a mass produced rifle -- should I even be concerned? Is it only cosmetic? Is it acceptable on a brand new unmodified rifle? I don't think I can mess with the barrel on this ... I believe it's actually pinned in.

I really like the rifle as far as the feel of it, weight, trigger pull (although I just got it today and have not fired live rounds yet). However, it's not like I can just run this back down to the dealer if it does affect accuracy in the long run. Obviously, being my first rifle, I'll be the weak-link as far as accuracy, but I shoot the cr@p out of my pistols, and I'll likely be using this rifle just as much, so pretty soon I oughta get reasonably accurate with the thing! :-\

Any opionions or suggestions would be appreciated.