Thread: Which action?

Basic Member

Which action?

Will I gain anything by selling my model12 22-250 and getting a precision target action for my next project or should I just proceed with what I have?
    This will be strictly a paper puncher at distances out to 800 yards. Plan on getting another 260 to play with.

Basic Member

Re: Which action?

I would say it depends on a couple of things: how serious is the paper punching going to be? How much money do you have to spend on the project? And if you go to the target action, if i'm not mistaken, it will be a large shank....won;t be a Savage factory bbl. switch, unless the bbl is also a large shank....if you go a target action...you'll want to go with a top of the line bbl...cut rifled, or button, as long as it's one of the top brands...rsbhunter
    If you stand for nothing, Then you'll fall for anything!

Team Savage

Wont gain anything IMO.

You would be better off just getting your action T+T'd, a SSS 3 oz competition trigger, and send it off to Kreiger for a barrel then all the other stuff etc etc

Basic Member

Leaning towards LW, Kreiger, or Shilen. No factory barrels. My background is toolmaking so truing would probably be done by me. As far as serious, I don't have the time to shoot comps(working 2 jobs to pay off medical bills) but I take shooting seriously.

82boy

The only advantage you could gain from going to a target action is if you bought a right bole left port or dual port action, that would give you the ability to feed from the left side. There is not accuracy advantage to the target actions.

fatdaddy

The COOL factor on the right bolt-left port is off the chart thou... 8)