Thread: Looking for a wood stock - lefy model 10

Basic Member

Looking for a wood stock - lefy model 10

I'm not real familiar with Savage factory models. Maybe someone can help point me in the right direction.

I am looking for a walnut stock for my LH model 10 actions with sporter barrels. I have one on my 30-06 model 110GCXP3 that I think was some sort of Cabelas 'package gun'. Nice wood, kind of plain but it has a nice finish, decent checkering, fairly light and it just feels good in my hand. I have a couple of tupperware stocks but just can't get used to them.

If anybody know of a factory Savage stock or even a comparable aftermarket that they could point me to, I would appreciate it.

Basic Member

Re: Looking for a wood stock - lefy model 10

Did you try Boyds?
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

ellobo

Boyds or Numrich.
    El Lobo

David Clark

I got a Boyd's Nutmeg Lam. thumbhole stock in left hand from Stocky's last month for $56.00 for my buddys new 243 model 10. It was set up for the 4in. .250 spacing and the new ones are 4in .400. You can just make a wood plug and redrill the front hole or do like I did and bore the hole over size and turn out a aluminum piller. Also had to glue some 1/8 in. shims in each end of the mag opening as it was a little to long. Very nice stock. Can send you a phone pic if you want.
    Dave

Basic Member

Thanks. Looks like Numrich may have just what I need.