Thread: reasonably accurate 223 plinking ammo (reloadable brass)

Basic Member

reasonably accurate 223 plinking ammo (reloadable brass)

What have you guys found to be decent plinking ammo that you can reload the brass from?
    I have heard the accuracy of PMC is nothing to write home about, what about UMC, American Eagle,Fiocci? others?

Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

Re: reasonably accurate 223 plinking ammo (reloadable brass)

For a bolt gun or AR? For AR use, the Winchester white box 55 gr FMJ is a good shooter and the brass is good for reloading with a lot of prep like swaging the primer pocket, flash hole deburring and primer pocket uniformed. I only handload non military brass for my bolt gun so can't comment on what factory load is best.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GaCop
    For a bolt gun or AR? For AR use, the Winchester white box 55 gr FMJ is a good shooter and the brass is good for reloading with a lot of prep like swaging the primer pocket, flash hole deburring and primer pocket uniformed. I only handload non military brass for my bolt gun so can't comment on what factory load is best.
    I was looking for decent ammo to feed my 110& end up with decent brass.
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

Team Savage

the best for me has been umc 45 gr jhp (remington)
    drybean

Basic Member

I've had good luck with the Winchester white box 45 gr. Have used a lot of that to fire form 223AI
    Charlie
    laportecharlie

i probably ran somewhere around 1000 or so rounds of the umc 45gr jhp through my mod 12 before i got into reloading. It always grouped around an inch and a half or less for me. for the money its pretty good and ive got a good stock of used brass for reloading. Some of the cases have been loaded 10 or more times w/o fail.
    mdl 12 .223, bvss/"bondo" stock, completely polished,devcon bedded, sig zee rings, 36x40 leupold

btm_54

I noticed this one. Hope it helps.

LuckyGunner's special deals on ammo this week include 223 Rem ammunition: http://www.luckygunner.com/rifle/223-remington-ammo

One of the specials is 1000 rounds by PMC. This is 55 grain full metal jacket boat tail with boxer-primed brass casings. We're offering this ammo for $315 until 2/3.

Click on the link below to view this PMC 223 Rem ammunition for sale:
    http://www.luckygunner.com/pmc-223-a...5fmjbtpmc-1000
    There are 6 cases of these left in stock, and if you order by 3 pm today, we will ship it to you today! Any order submitted after 3pm or on a weekend will ship out the very next business day.

I do not have any relationship with lucky gunner

DoubleUp

PMC brass is gtg for reloading. Haven't shot UMC, so no help there. Some Fed AE is thin in the web and those primer pockets won't hold up, but some of it is okay. If you are really serious about getting started handloading, get some LC umprimerd brass, usually can be found new from places like Natchez for around $120/1000. Winchester brass is okay as well.