Thread: Mod 14 270 WSM Mag ??

herbdan08

Mod 14 270 WSM Mag ??

I found a Mod 14 with a Detachable bottom feed mag. Does anyone know the length of the cartridges that will fit into that mag. I thinking of converting this gun over to a 7MM SAUM and am wondering if I need to be worried about the COAL when I reload for it. Also the gun has the smooth barrel nut on it, will that pose any problems for changing out barrels? Thanks much if anybody can answer this as the gun is 70 miles away and I'd hate to drive all the way there to measure it to find out it wouldn't work out...

Herbdan

ellobo

Re: Mod 14 270 WSM Mag ??

SharpShooterSupply (advertises here) makes a wrench for removing the barrel nuts so it isnt a problem. As for the rest of you question, someone else will have to chime in.

El Lobo

The RSAUM should be easier with COAL. It's almost 0.1" shorter.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Almost forgot. A pipe wrench works real well on those smooth nuts. Midway sells the regular notched nuts.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

herbdan08

Thanks much for all the good info.....Looks like I'll be buying a mod 14.....

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.