Thread: Vortex site.

Basic Member

Vortex site.

Anyone notice the savage rifle in the photo at the top of the page with the new HS line scope on it?

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/...dc-moa-reticle

Didn't realize that the HS LR versions had the zero stop like the PST line. I'm thinking one might end up on one of my rifles. Might go nice with the 6-24x 1/10mil MRAD PST that will be in my little hands later today. Now if only the rings and bases were in the same shipment. lol

Basic Member

Re: Vortex site.

I saw that too. I would like it if the exposed knobs and zero stop features were able to be retrofitted to the 30mm Vipers. That would be awesome for me. I can't afford to replace all my Vipers with the newest, coolest thing. Might have to just be happy with what I have. I have been wanting to order a PST MOA myself but I am still waiting for Midway to get them in stock. Hopefully soon?...

Enjoy that scope and give us some feedback if you get a chance.

Basic Member

Re: Vortex site.

Won't get out to shoot with it this week I don't think but soon. I got mine from Midway. Placed the order last month and it shipped the middle of this week. I don't think it ever showed in stock on the website. I don't think anyone has very long to wait on one to show up at this point. Got it out of the box tonight and it seems like a nice chunk of glass. Comes with a cleaning cloth with Vortex logo, a Vortex logo pin, wrench for the turrets, scope bikini like thing, 4" sun shade, battery for illumination and plenty of shims for the zero stop settings. Appears very sharp. Love the adjustments. They are just right. Easy to hear and feel when they move. I also like how the zoom ring has clicks built in at like 4x, 8x, 12x and 24x. Each stop is also labeled with the multiplier needed to use the reticle for ranging at that power. Might have to throw it on my 260 and give the local prairie dog sniper matches a go.