Thread: 10 fcp hs precision

jskmtd

10 fcp hs precision

Well I have been reading the forums here for quite awhile. About a month ago I bought my first savage a model 10 fcp he precision. I have been working up a load for it and settled on one that shoohts the 175 smk's pretty well. Today I went to the range to figure my drop to a 1000 yards. After a little shooting I had it and shot a 3 shot group. After driving down to the target to look I had to wonder why it took me so long to buy a savage. 3 shots 5" even. Not bad for a factory rifle. I'm pretty sure it wont be my last savage. I know, I know, 3 shot groups don't count. :) :)

Basic Member

Re: 10 fcp hs precision

Welcome to the forum....and hold on! About 2 years ago i bought my first Stevens 200 in 223...i now have 4 in my safe, and three are being rebarreled before they even are shot!!!! Need to order one more bbl. and these will be started.....This will become an addiction....they shoot that well....rsbhunter
    If you stand for nothing, Then you'll fall for anything!

usmc_mwroseberry

Quote Originally Posted by rsbhunter
    Welcome to the forum....and hold on! About 2 years ago i bought my first Stevens 200 in 223...i now have 4 in my safe, and three are being rebarreled before they even are shot!!!! Need to order one more bbl. and these will be started.....This will become an addiction....they shoot that well....rsbhunter
    That's why I only have one Stevens because once you get two of them they start breeding.

Welcome to the addiction.

And a load the worked best from my old 308 barrel was the following.

175smk
    Winchestor brass
    CCI 200
    43.7gr BL-(C)2
    OAL 2.814

Good Luck,
    Merritt

jskmtd

I can see how these rifles become an addiction I have already been thinking about building a long range hunting rifle with a savage action in 280 ackley improved.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jskmtd
    I can see how these rifles become an addiction I have already been thinking about building a long range hunting rifle with a savage action in 280 ackley improved.
    It seems as though we have similar tastes. That is what I have rolling around in my head right now. Have a stagger feed, stainless long action with accu trigger thats going to become a 280 ackley hunting rifle very soon.

jskmtd

What barrel and stock are you going to use on the 280 AI?