Thread: Edge At Walmart

Basic Member

Edge At Walmart

At Wllyworld today, Savage edge is $267.00

Basic Member

Re: Edge At Walmart

i haven't seen a gun at a wally in years. maybe it's just pennsyltucky here.... i think i've seen the combo's for a better price in the $240's? could be wrong though...
    Couple rf's, couple cf's, and 1 12g.

Everything I once held dear
    I count it all as lost

Basic Member

i guess unless i saw a hella deal i was wrong, just wen to cabelas today, didnt see one priced better than 270 or so.

I count it all as lost

Basic Member

Walmart doesn't sell arms in what they call an "urban area".
    For instance, no guns for sale in State College, but you can buy them in their store in Huntingdon, PA, 30 miles away.
    It's all PR. (Or, PC!)

some of the wallys have begun to sell guns around me again. ex weirton wv and east liverpool ohio. the edge is 267.00 and has been on display with the 30-06,270 and 223.

Herman

Quote Originally Posted by MaDa
    i guess unless i saw a hella deal i was wrong, just wen to cabelas today, didnt see one priced better than 270 or so.
    I got mine last fall at Cabela's on sale for $249.99. If you keep an eye out, you can get a really good deal on one.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Herman

I got mine last fall at Cabela's on sale for $249.99. If you keep an eye out, you can get a really good deal on one.
    i'll have to keep an eye out. i kinda need a .30-06 or .308. as in i have no need, but wouldn't mind having... lol

I count it all as lost

wrvet05

i have one in the 7mm-08 very accurate once you get used to the trigger pull. The trigger isn't adjustable and the set weight has varied in all the edges i have tried mine is right around the 8lb mark but timney triggers has the solution for that. Other than the trigger i love the gun.

sayak

Out west, and in Alaska we have Fred Meyer (Kroeger). I have purchased two Edges: a .270 and a .223, both for under $300. The firm trigger pull can be remedied by following the directions found on another thread. I re-did my .270's trigger for less than $5 in parts from the hardware store and about 30 minutes in labor. I had to take out the trigger assembly, pop out the old spring, cut and place a tension pin in the hole, cut the new spring to length with a Dremel cut-off wheel, put it back together and try the pull, then resize the spring; finally polish the trigger parts and place in the stock. A small project well worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by wch
    Walmart doesn't sell arms in what they call an "urban area".
    For instance, no guns for sale in State College, but you can buy them in their store in Huntingdon, PA, 30 miles away.
    It's all PR. (Or, PC!)
    And BS!

Basic Member

It's not just urban areas, I think its a policy as well with brand new stores. We have 2 wallyworlds within a 10 mile radius of us, the one thats been here sells guns, but the one that just opened this month, in the same town/area, does not sell guns. Also, there fishing section is about half of what the other store just down the road carries. Both are Super Wal-Marts.

smitty273

Our Walmart used to sell gun and about 5-6 years ago stopped selling them but the one 15 miles north kept sellling them. Now our's has just started stocking them again. My wife works there and said when they got rid of them before that the store had the highest gun sales in the district. So go figure how they decide.

Basic Member

I heard that most of the Wal-Mart's were terrible at filling out the ATF's gun forms correctly. Due to the many different employees filling out forms, there were massive amounts of mistakes every time the ATF would do audits, and many of the Walmart's had their gun license pulled due to this.

I know our local Wal-Mart won't let anyone but the Upper managment staff fill out the FFL form. I was actually denied being able to buy a gun (by Wal-Mart, not ATF) because the only person in the store able to fill out that stuff had gone home sick. Had to go back another day.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

Basic Member

The WalMart store where I bought a rifle now has the form computerized-you provide the answers and your signature, the machine does the rest.
    No waiting around for the "authorized" person, anymore.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by bootsmcguire
    I know our local Wal-Mart won't let anyone but the Upper managment staff fill out the FFL form. I was actually denied being able to buy a gun (by Wal-Mart, not ATF) because the only person in the store able to fill out that stuff had gone home sick. Had to go back another day.
    I bought one rifle at Wal-Mart years back, a 710 for my son when they first came out.

No exaggeration that it was a 2 hour process. I'll never do it again.

Basic Member

Ive never bought a gun at walmart and hopefully never will. walmart has already took over every Mom and Pop store in the country from garden supplies to groceries. If we continue to buy our guns there it will be no local gun shops to go to and bs about guns and such. i'd rather pay an extra 20-30 bucks and know that I can go and talk to someone that has actually fired a gun in there lifetime.