Thread: tell me what I got

NASCOTT

tell me what I got

Got a question for all you Savage buffs, help me identify a riffle I am thinking about buying. It is a 116. 300 win. mag.,blued action, stainless fluted heavy barrel, syn. stock. You see I am separated by about 30 miles and can not just simply look at it. I have had no luck finding any info. on my own. Whatever help you can give will be appreciated! what years produced, specs, accuracy,just what ever you want to throw in. thanks

Re: tell me what I got

I would check with factory,they would know in a minute what year etc.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

If it is a heavy barrel then it is not a model 116, as they were a hunter series stainless rifle that came with a sporter/magnum contour barrel.. It is possible it could be a model 112 FVSS.

It is also possible that it may have been one that was ordered thru the Savage custom shop, in which case it was a special order and could be in about any configuration.

Or it could have been the result of a barrel swap. Some of us have been known to do that from time to time...LOL
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Cycler

The Model 16/116 actions are stainless steel as are their factory barrels so if the action is blued, it isn't a model 116. The blue action with a stainless steel barrel implies it's likely a barrel swap.

NASCOTT

Thank you all, your a lot of help. I went ahead and bought it. It is a 112, I just read it wrong [ idiot ] but the earnest replies deserves the truth. You guys know your stuff! I don't know much about it still so what all do you know about this riffle?

either it was a barrel swap by an owner or a special run for a big buyer. Savage is the only own that can tell you for sure unless the seller knows.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

I've seen many Savage rifles that had blued actions, with stainless barrels that came that way from the factory.

Basic Member

I have a mdl 12, came from factory with a blued action, stainless barrel with muzzle brake in 300 wm. mine happens to made in 1989. Savage Said they made a run of them for a distributor, like the other poster said. shoot great, love it.
    Friends don't let friends use see through scope mounts. No offense.

I own a model 12 with the two tone configuration that was on alot of choate stocked rifles.It is not special order and were made around 1999 and up.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

The older bvss and fvss came from the factory with a blued action and a stainless barrel, recoil lug, and barrel nut.

An early FVSS is my guess.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.