Thread: Weekend results from coyote derby

Basic Member

Weekend results from coyote derby

Signed up for a local coyote derby that ended yesterday. We had a week to hunt to qualify then they took the top five teams to hunt the weekend for the winner.

I barely squeeked in by shooting a 37.5lb male friday the last day to get into the final hunt. I got snuck up on once so close I could hear the snow crunch under it's feet and missed him. We didn't see anything friday night so we was back at it early saturday morning with the first set no good we moved on to a new place,just as I was about to give up one pops out of a wooded area and comes across the field. It never even paid attention to the call it just kept on going so I took 2 shots at it at about 300 or better out missing both times. She just kept circling around then came back at us hoping it would get into shotgun range but turned and headed back to the area where she came from. I barked and yelled and she finally stopped and looked so I got a shot off hitting her in the high chest area dropping her right there.

Here is a pic of the male I shot and also the whole pile from just the weekend.

[img width=337 height=450]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/sgregory/20110204085221.jpg[/img]

[img width=337 height=450]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/sgregory/20110206163309.jpg[/img]

11fcns

Re: Weekend results from coyote derby

thats a lot of snow for February, where you at?

Basic Member

East central Indiana. We got snow then ice and then more snow, it made it hard to get around.

Basic Member

Hey Shane, I think your coyotes are defective, they appear to be leaking :P
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

Basic Member

You should have seen the one that took a headshot from a 3 1/2" magnum 4 shot turkey load it was nasty!