Thread: Mark ll barrel/stock upgrades

Buoy8

Mark ll barrel/stock upgrades

Hello all, I have a base model mark ll(synthetic with regular barrel) Anyone know where i can find a bull barrel & a thumbhole stock for it? Any ideas are much appreciated

Cycler

Re: Mark ll barrel/stock upgrades

Yes, these are factory installed on the Model BTV or BTVS.

Joking aside, it probably would be less expensive to sell your current rifle and buy a BTV or BTVS. Unlike Ruger 10/22s, aftermarket barrels aren't readily available or easily installed for Savage rimfires and aftermarket stocks can be expensive.

eight_heads

I had a gunsmith friend of mine that i shoot F-class with install a custom Krieger barrel on my MarkII-GL. I haven't had a chance to really figure out it's full potential yet, but I can tell you that it wasn't cheap. I've seen a few people take 10/22 aftermarket barrels, file/cut another extractor groove in it, and machine the tenon a little longer for proper headspace. The tenon diameters of the MarkII and a 10/22 are very close, but the tenon in the MarkII is longer. That's the main problem with going that direction. The barrel I used was a Krieger blank and he machined the flutes/dimples and cut a 22Match chamber in it and a target crown. http://savageshooters.com/SavageForu...c,35693.0.html

Basic Member

Savage won't sell the bull barrel. I used a Whistlepig 77/22 barrel and machined the tenon. If you can put up with the poor starting product and put in a fair amount of time you can make a Richards micro-fit stock work. Otherwise it looks like Boyds is having a sale on them.

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/SAVAGE...-p/999-219.htm

I needed one for left-hand action so I was stuck with the Richards.

epmn