Thread: 110 Savage

Rob454

110 Savage

Hi guys

I have a old 110 savage rifle non accutrigger. its currently chambered for a 30-06 round. i have a 308 barrel off a model 16 ( stainless steel barrel)
    Im contemplating changing the barrel out to either the 308 or going out and buying a heavy barrel 30-06 or 308. i use the gun for deer hunting so i think the heavy barrel would be a little too much to carry around the woods all day.
    i don't reload so all the ammo shot will be off the shelf stuff. is it worth the swap or no. All I need is the go no go guages and my buddy s a machinist and he can make me the barrel nut wrench and a barrel vice. i also have a 280 caliber barrel but that was just a stupid thing I did and ended up with a 300$ mistake of a rifle barrel.
    Thanx

Rob

ellobo

Re: 110 Savage

Pay the $12 bucks for a membership and sell your surplus barrels in the classified section. The .30-06 is a perfectly good round for just about everything but varmints so why change it? If this is a used rifle check for excess copper in the barrel and go use it. If it has no scope and you need a scope base check to see if this rifle has a flat back reciever, it takes a different scope base. I am assuming this is a rifle you just purchased.

Rob454

No Ive had the rifle for a long time. I dont see a classifieds forum or how to join it. usually the classifieds are free. i looked into it once but I couldnt find the classifieds

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rob454
    No Ive had the rifle for a long time. I dont see a classifieds forum or how to join it. usually the classifieds are free. i looked into it once but I couldnt find the classifieds
    You have to be a paid member to see the classifieds, yea, I know it took me a while to accept it too, but I plunked the $1 per month per year...

the link to join the paid side is near the top, under the main graphics banner, there are 3 tabs, the right most says membership info, I think that is the one you want.
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

Basic Member

I wouldn't spent the time. Sell the .308 barrel, no real benefit to .308 over a 30-06 if it already shoots well.
    Friends don't let friends use see through scope mounts. No offense.

Stick with the barrel you have and free float it along with glass bedding the action. You may find you have a tack driver for little cash outlay and it won't be too heavy to tote. Try all brands of ammunition and stick with the one that shoots the best in your rifle.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.