Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HOG PROBLEMS

Re: HOG PROBLEMS

Herd an interview with Ted Nugent on NRA NEWS that he and some friends were going to Texas to shoot Hogs from a helicopter and expedited to shoot 1000 hogs and that you have to shoot behind them too hit the right spot, didn't say it BUT sounded that he was going to have an automatic weapon with him.

bubbinator

1+ on the Tannerite! We duct taped packs of nail gun nails around a 1# charge about 1" thick and put in a pile of corn/sweet potato rejects and Hog wild. Got 12 pigs on that one. Shot was from 200 yds for safety. Doubt we will do that again, though. While no one was hurt or any thing damaged, it reminded me of Claymore mines from VietNam and we go no meat of any use from it.

HollowPoint

Here in Arizona, all most of us can do is dream of hunting wild hog.

The latest dream in particular has been to contract some Air-Balloonists and form
    some three man Hog-Sniper teams. Each gondola would have two designated snipers
    and the pilot of the balloon.

Ideally, it would be nice to be able to acquire special permits allowing for night hunts with
    Counter-Sniper rifles wearing suppressors and night-vision scopes. (make it an all-nighter)

Tethered at a certain elevation, those Gondolas would make an almost perfect (and silent) shooting
    platform for anyone fortunate enough to be able to take part in such a hog hunt.

Since most of the smartest hogs are nocturnal, the "Arial Supremacy" that these floating shooting
    platforms would give, could mean that (to a good shooter) any hog out to several hundred yard
    would be fair game.

Our military is always looking for ways to further the training of their sniper teams. I can't think of
    a better way to spend our tax dollars than to have our guys get in some real-world shooting time, help with this hog-problem and
    possibly donate some of the meat to those who go to bed hungry in our country every night.

I take that back. I can think of a better way. That "better way" would be if I were one of the
    hog hunters shooting from one of those Gondolas.

Rhetorical question; Am I a fool to dream such dreams; a hog hunting fool???

Is anybody with me on this?? I bet that would make a heck of an awesome video too.

HollowPoint

Uncle Jack

Ain't it kinda amazing that Christopher Columbus only brought eight pigs with him on his second voyage to the new world in 1493.

uj

Samdweezel05

Quote Originally Posted by bubbinator
    1+ on the Tannerite! We duct taped packs of nail gun nails around a 1# charge about 1" thick and put in a pile of corn/sweet potato rejects and Hog wild. Got 12 pigs on that one. Shot was from 200 yds for safety. Doubt we will do that again, though. While no one was hurt or any thing damaged, it reminded me of Claymore mines from VietNam and we go no meat of any use from it.
    Roofing nails and I hear it works well for raccoons.

Hog hunting is big bussiness here in Texas. You would think you could find adds for farmers/ranchers that would like you to shoot'em. Not happening!!!! They've found that people will pay to shoot them.
    Yep, I paid $100 per day around Brennan TX to help them with there Hog problem!

It was fun!!!!
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12