Thread: Long action centerfeed..ugh!

Basic Member

Long action centerfeed..ugh!

Looking for a new stock for a long action build....not many drop in stocks available for the long action. I really wish B&C made medalist for the centerfeed long action. Ugh!

dcloco

Re: Long action centerfeed..ugh!

Stockys might have something for you.

Some listed here as well.

https://www.tacticalworks.com/Savage-Stocks/

Quote Originally Posted by oapstate
    Looking for a new stock for a long action build....not many drop in stocks available for the long action. I really wish B&C made medalist for the centerfeed long action. Ugh!
    B&C doesn't make the Medalist Tactical for the staggerfeed long action either...

Basic Member

I know, I could not even find where B&C made a long action medalist. Frustrating.

I'm in the same boat as you. I tried fitting my CF mag in a walnut SF stock. After two hours of frustration and Excerdine headach #400 I gave up, the bolt kept binding on the mag. I'm beginning to think this centerfeed Stevens 200 from Academy Sports was no bargain even at $179. I guess I can rebarrel it in a varmint weight barrel and go singleshot.

I shot the rifle Sunday and gotta say, the recoil was rediculous in that light tupperware stock. I was shooting Hornady 130 gr handloads with RL-19/56 grains and getting velocities a tad over 3000 fps with 1.4" three shot groups at 100 yards. I was seating the Hornady's .017" OTL. What amazed me was NO copper mine in the factory barrel! I tried Montana Extreme 50BMG, Bore Tech Eliminator and KG-12, none gave me any indication of copper in the barrel after firing 16 rounds.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member

If you don't mind synthetic, the Hogue stocks are now available for Savages and they make them for centerfeed actions.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GaCop
    I'm in the same boat as you. I tried fitting my CF mag in a walnut SF stock. After two hours of frustration and Excerdine headach #400 I gave up, the bolt kept binding on the mag. I'm beginning to think this centerfeed Stevens 200 from Academy Sports was no bargain even at $179. I guess I can rebarrel it in a varmint weight barrel and go singleshot.

I shot the rifle Sunday and gotta say, the recoil was rediculous in that light tupperware stock. I was shooting Hornady 130 gr handloads with RL-19/56 grains and getting velocities a tad over 3000 fps with 1.4" three shot groups at 100 yards. I was seating the Hornady's .017" OTL. What amazed me was NO copper mine in the factory barrel! I tried Montana Extreme 50BMG, Bore Tech Eliminator and KG-12, none gave me any indication of copper in the barrel after firing 16 rounds.
    Can a guy install the older sf mag in the cf action?
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

No, the stagger feed mag fit in slots that were cut in the mag well. The new CF receiver is smooth underneath, no way to convert w/o expensive machine work. On a positive note, the CF receiver is easier to glass bed but that's the only advantage I see. It amazes me, the CF has been around since 2006 yet it's still a pain trying to find stocks that fit it.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member

If you're willing to wait, Fred at SSS can build a stok for ya.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

BrettSass844

Manners and several other companies will build you a long action stock to suit your needs. XLR industries also has a complete chassis system if that's your thing to.