Thread: Iron sight upgrades for the MKII

Basic Member

Iron sight upgrades for the MKII

I just picked up a mkII from Wally world for my oldest boy's upcoming b-day, but the factory rear sight is horrid, what have you guys found to be a good upgrade, preferably a peep rear, factory front is ok.
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

Cycler

Re: Iron sight upgrades for the MKII

Quote Originally Posted by sha-ul
    I just picked up a mkII from Wally world for my oldest boy's upcoming b-day, but the factory rear sight is horrid, what have you guys found to be a good upgrade, preferably a peep rear, factory front is ok.
    Williams makes peep rear sights that mount either on grooved .22LR receivers or on the scope base mounting holes depending on which receiver your rifle has.

The front sight uses an industry standard 3/8" dovetail so if you need a different height, they are also readily available. Williams "Firesight" (fiber optic insert) would be a great upgrade for the front sight in particular.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cycler
    Williams makes peep rear sights that mount either on grooved .22LR receivers or on the scope base mounting holes depending on which receiver your rifle has.

The front sight uses an industry standard 3/8" dovetail so if you need a different height, they are also readily available. Williams "Firesight" (fiber optic insert) would be a great upgrade for the front sight in particular.
    this rifle didn't come with the scope dovetails. ??? do you have a particular part# or model#?
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

Cycler

this rifle didn't come with the scope dovetails. ??? do you have a particular part# or model#?
    I couldn't find a specific model on the Williams web site for Savage rimfires that are factory drilled and tapped but I expect at least one model fits as the mounting holes are a common size and spacing.

A call to Willaims (1-800-530-9028) should get you a specific recommendation and probably a recommendation for a matching front sight.