Thread: wow

dozernomore

wow

a savage model 25 section only,,wow!
    and I'm making the first post.
    I own a mdl 25 in 204ruger,did some load development for it,32gr v-max and 40gr V-max,and I got no complaints.I love the gun,extremely accurate,love the accutrigger.I made it my varmint rifle with the 40grainers,,and had a 380yd spinner coyote with it last fall,I should have put a second round in him,but when I last seen him he was down,when I went to get em,he was gone,I will wait a little longer next time and put a follower in next time

Re: wow

I believe they just today they separated the centerfire section into the various models.

I dont own one, but they look like very nice rifles. Just dont think they get enough talk because none of us can leave a gun in its factory form, so the older 110 version is better for our needs.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member

I have asked a couple times about the 25 series, but none have answered, how is the barrel& bolt fitted in the 25? could they be retrofitted with a barrel nut for switching& swapping?
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

kcguy

I just picked up .223 with the thumb hole laminated stock. Looks and feels great, I am lokking forward to renge time to mount a scope and zero it in.

oldguy

I have one in 223 excellent accuracy of .500 @100 with my hand loads. Barrel is not self changeable however its as accurate as my Model 12 BTVS so not so concerned about barrel change for the average guy barrel will probably out last shooter.

Basic Member

Wish they offered them LH, I'd have one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by sha-ul
    I have asked a couple times about the 25 series, but none have answered, how is the barrel& bolt fitted in the 25? could they be retrofitted with a barrel nut for switching& swapping?
    No, completely different design. Our shop has one in 204 and it looks nothing like a Model 10/110. More like Rem 700 screwed in barrel.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member

The new offerings for this year actually have a smooth barrel nut. The previous rifles had the barrels pinned in place.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

GotCox

Awesome. So right as the 17 hornet is coming out they are changing to a barrel nut. Very glad for this. One of the things that makes savage so loved is the barrel swap or changing ability.

Quote Originally Posted by GotCox
    Awesome. So right as the 17 hornet is coming out they are changing to a barrel nut. Very glad for this. One of the things that makes savage so loved is the barrel swap or changing ability.
    Are you aware that Savage is offering the Model 25 Walking Varminter in the 17 Hornet?
    Here's a link to the Savage Page of it.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/25WV
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.