Thread: synthetic stock

ryanntanya

synthetic stock

hello all, i recently purchased a savage 110e series h in a .308. I am interested in purchasing a sythetic stock for the rifle but can't seem to locate any that will fit. My rifle has the 4.522 action screw spacing. I saw some reference it as a j series action. Does anyone know where i can get a stock to fit this action? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: synthetic stock

You wont find a synthetic stock to fit it, or any stock at all really unless you order a custom one from someone like Stockade Gunstocks(composite), Richards Stocks(laminate and really rough upon arrival) or Sharpshooter Supply(laminate).

The phrase "J action" is really just slang we use to identify it. In those years they may have changed one small thing or mix matched a part on the model and just called it a "series"(like yours is a series H) The true name for it is an "intermediate short action", but if you say "J action" around here we will all know what ya mean. Most of us call it that anyway....LOL

Welcome to the site by the way!

I havent done it or know anyone who has, but a centerfeed short action is close to that measurement at 4.400, so it may be possible to remove the front pillar, redrill the hole at a 4.522 spacing, and rebed the pillar and the action. I wouldnt know without having the action and stock in front of me to know if it is even possible. Just an idea though.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

ellobo

I am sure Boyds has stock for your J rifle with the blind magazine. I had one of thier stocks on a J series and it was good. Came with the 4.52 bolt spacing. Give them a call or check thier website. They do not make composite stocks of any kind, just walnut and laminate. Prices are under $100 and if you call and order they will checker the stock for $50.
    El Lobo.

ryanntanya

thanks for the information and your help guys.

You can take a cheap factory 10 stock and dremel out the piller. glass the piller back in 1/4'' forward and bed the new lug location.

then if you get brave you can do it to a better stock.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor