Thread: Edge 308 Bad Bases?

ecountry411

Edge 308 Bad Bases?

I just purchased a Savage Edge 308. It come with Bushnell scope, ring and bases already on the gun. I purchased this for my son and he immediately tried to sight it in. He kept telling me he couldn't get it sighted in. I thought it was just a beginners mistake but I was wrong. After getting it on paper at 30 yrds I took it out to 100 yards and the scope run out of up adjustment. I thought it was a scope problem after checking to make sure everything was tight.
    I let him "borrow" my Leupold 8.5X25X40 VarXIII. Well to my surprise it didn't have enough adjustment either. I have taken the rings off and put them side by side and do not see where there is a ring problem. I swapped the bases from from front to back and it didn't change at all.
    So, Should I contact Savage?
    Or just get new bases and rings. What base goes on the Edge? Is it the Pic. rail 10-16?

Basic Member

Re: Edge 308 Bad Bases?

try a 1 piece base and some new rings

EGW makes a rail just for the Edge/Axis. I believe the action is longer than a short action but shorter than a long action ::)

but.......

If you swapped them from front to back and nothing changed then it may not be a base issue. If one base was a different height than the other then the adjustment problem shoulda switched direction when you switched them.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

ecountry411

No matter how I swapped things when I set the scope in the rings if I pushed down where the front ring would be on the scope it seemed to pick the back of the scope up some. Do you think I could get something out of Savage? Rings/Bases? I know I need better stuff but money is tight, you know that feeling. If you don't send me some ;D LOL