Thread: Mueller scopes?

Basic Member

Mueller scopes?

Anyone have any information good or bad on Mueller scopes ?
    4.5 x 10 x 40 I was thinking of putting one on a 22-250, so it won't be on big kicker ?
    $130.00 price .
    I have not had any experience with this brand ?
    Thanks
    Let him grow, Shoot a doe !

Re: Mueller scopes?

i persoally dont have one but have heard good things on other forums. i think chuck hawks has them as a 2 star scope.

82boy

I have owned a couple and they are OK, I would say they are much better than new Tasco, and other scope in the same price range. They track well, and usually hold zero, the optice leave a bit to desire. For the money I think Vortex makes a better scope. But Mueller is not bad for the price.

Basic Member

I had a 4.5X14 APV on a 17HMR and had great luck with it. I have the Vortex Crossfire 6X24X50 on a 22 rimfire and while its a good scope it just looks huge on that little 22. I think for a 22-250 the Vortex would be a better match.
    Charlie
    laportecharlie

I have two of the Mueller's and find they are great scopes for the money. I'm using them on light recoiling calibers so can't say how well they would hold up on say a 30-06 or 300 Win Mag.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

blom

Last fall I was shooting with a fellow using a 300 wetherby (never can spell that right) was on his second mueller and this one also failed. Maybe OK for less recoil but I wouln't take the chance.

nuclabuyer

I had an eradicator on a 204 for a while. I shot the best groups that gun ever shot with it. It got a little dust in it, and they sent me a new scope and was here in less then a week. I dont think the second one was as good as the first one. Seemed to not zoom in as good. The optics were good, not great. They always tracked good for me, and I did a lot of up and down with it during all the silouette shoots. I did however change it for a sightron and then nightforce.

chiph411

I have an Eradicator on my LRPV, .223 and love it. I have only shot up to 300 yds. The scope adjusts perfectly back from 300 to 100 yd zero. The illuminated red dot is fantastic for low lite situations or for my 60 yr old tired eyes. In my opinion the price can't be beat for my set up. Up to and including 300 yds the optics are fantastic also. Hopefully, in the near future Ill be able to take it to the range in Bridgeville, DE and try it at longer distances.

chowder

I've got the 8.5-25x50 Eraticator ($299) on my Savage 12 FVC 22-250, seems to track ok & I'm grouping ok out to 400 most days(I'm more of an issue than the scope is). Just got a Savage 11 long range hunter in 308 & I'm putting a Vortex Viper x44 ($399) w/ side focus on it. Make of that what you will. Seems like the Vortex is a lot more scope for a little more money than the Mueller but I'm not an 'expert' on this stuff. -Andy

Mueller has a lifetime transferrable warranty..................IF you have the sale receipt. Without the receipt, no warranty work without paying. In the long run, Vortex is the way to go. I just had a 2 year old Mueller go squirrely on me while mounted in my 223AI. Of course, I havent seen the receipt since the purchase so no warranty work. Vortex or Weaver 44/40 here I come.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member

You could try sending the Meuller back to see if they'll still repair it. I've heard of some other companies fixing them anyway even when the person didn't have the receipt anymore. I think Leupold and Vortex are about the only ones who will fix them whether you have the receipt or not (or even if you're not the original owner). There may be others, I'm not sure, but most companies require that you have the sales receipt. I'm not sure how strict they are on that though, it may be worth a try just to see what they'll do.

Basic Member

I have a Mueller 4-16x 50mm AOIR on my Savage 12FV and love it. Great scope.

shaman

The only black mark I have seen on Mueller, from a thread at predator masters, is there waterproof rating. Vortex's is much higher. If you are interested in the thread I will send you a link. WIth that said, Mueller's offerings are more desirable to me, and I think most, than Vortex's.

Basic Member

I have 2 Mueller Eraticators,both are on .223 caliber rifles. They are decent scopes for the money.The glass is what you would expect in a lower tier scope,it's clear but not as sharp as a higher grade scope.I also notice that when turned up to higher magnification,they really show the lower price glass-they get a little fuzzy around the edges.
    For what I use them for they work great,but they are not a high quality scope.

I leave that job up to my Swarovski PH,Sightron SIII,and Zeiss scopes.