Thread: stock for new 110 accutrigger centerfeed

jerkin

stock for new 110 accutrigger centerfeed

Is anyone making stocks for the newer 110 accutrigger models with centerfeed yet? I've looked on several sites and can't find anything. B&C makes one for the heavy barrel but that's it. I'm looking for a standard type one piece in a camouflage pattern.

I was thinking of just having mine dipped but it's around $100 to do it so I thought I might as well just get a better stock for a little more money since the stock is about the only thing I see anyone complaining about with these rifles.

.223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

jerkin

Re: stock for new 110 accutrigger centerfeed

Thanks for the link but I'm not really looking for a tacticool stock. I saw that they have a "classic" style on their website but it doesn't say what it fits and doesn't look like it comes in camo either.

I like the looks of the Boyds stocks, both the classic and the featherweight w/thumbhole but the site says they need inletting to fit the new centerfeeds and I don't know how comfortable I would be doing that. Their pricing would lead me to believe that they are not of very high quality but I would not want to assume that.

I'm not a benchrest shooter, just a hunter looking for some better options.

jerkin

After much research on my day off I have only found one manufacturer that makes a non-tactical stock for the new accutrigger center feed long actions with the blind mag attached to the stock and that is Stocky's stocks. They build both the Tundra deluxe and Heritage classic for that rifle. Both are laminated and very nice looking, I could find nothing in a synthetic, "classic" design and camo finish.

Boyds claims that their stocks will work with minimum fitting but not knowing anyone that has tried it I did not want to be the first, lol. Hope this helps someone else looking for the same thing.

Not sure where I am going to go from here. I really like the looks of their Tundra deluxe thumbhole stock but at 2.5-3lbs each I'm not sure that I want to add that kind of weight to a hunting rifle. The gun shoots better than I do already so I don't really need to do anything to it. I may just keep my eyes open for a used gun in a varmint caliber and play with that a little.

HankG

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin
    After much research on my day off I have only found one manufacturer that makes a non-tactical stock for the new accutrigger center feed long actions with the blind mag attached to the stock and that is Stocky's stocks. They build both the Tundra deluxe and Heritage classic for that rifle. Both are laminated and very nice looking, I could find nothing in a synthetic, "classic" design and camo finish.

Boyds claims that their stocks will work with minimum fitting but not knowing anyone that has tried it I did not want to be the first, lol. Hope this helps someone else looking for the same thing.

Not sure where I am going to go from here. I really like the looks of their Tundra deluxe thumbhole stock but at 2.5-3lbs each I'm not sure that I want to add that kind of weight to a hunting rifle. The gun shoots better than I do already so I don't really need to do anything to it. I may just keep my eyes open for a used gun in a varmint caliber and play with that a little.
    Were you ever able to find anything else? I was hoping to find a new stock for my new 110, but I really would prefer synthetic.

chadster73

Guys, check this one out:

2980 Savage 110 Long Action *NEW*
    http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet...g-block/Detail

I think this one might fit?

Stockade will have them for sure...

yellowhammer1

I couldn't find what I want for my SA 16 FCSS either - a smaller proportioned mountain-type sport stock, similar to the Ruger Ultralight , so this is my plan: I bought a factory replacement birch wood stock for a 11 GCNS and I'm going to sand and contour it down to my tastes and have it film dipped.

Problem is, I fit it all together before proceeding and it looks and feels darn good as it is ;D -

HankG

I've thought about doing exactly this. Where can I purchase the factory wood stock for my LA Savage 110?

yellowhammer1

Jim Briggs at Northland usually keeps a few. I bought mine directly from Savage parts dept: http://www.savagearms.com/customerservice/contact/

HankG

Quote Originally Posted by yellowhammer1
    Jim Briggs at Northland usually keeps a few. I bought mine directly from Savage parts dept: http://www.savagearms.com/customerservice/contact/
    Do you mind if I ask how much they charge for the factory wood stock?

yellowhammer1

about $160 to get it to the house - i like the stainless against the birch... may not modify...

HankG

I think that looks great and wouldn't change a thing.

yellowhammer1

thanks.

i wonder if the new 11 lightweight hunter stock will fit my action: http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/11LH

that was sort of where i was heading....

Basic Member

"Guys, check this one out:

I think this one might fit"

Has any one tried on of these stocks? I was looking at them the other night, but kept going back to the Magnum and Sporter weight barrels only part. Why would this not work for a varmint weight barrel? Is the bedding block getting in the way of the barrel or some thing??? I would like to get a 110 LA CF stock with a bedding block, but can't seem to find any thing other than this, but I need to fit a varmint barrel in it.

ICUDIEN

Quote Originally Posted by 319
    "Guys, check this one out:

I think this one might fit"

Has any one tried on of these stocks? I was looking at them the other night, but kept going back to the Magnum and Sporter weight barrels only part. Why would this not work for a varmint weight barrel? Is the bedding block getting in the way of the barrel or some thing??? I would like to get a 110 LA CF stock with a bedding block, but can't seem to find any thing other than this, but I need to fit a varmint barrel in it.
    For a varmint barrel you will just need to open up the barrel channel alittle. I use a wood dowel and wrap it in sandpaper. Good luck.

I believe there's a short paragraph stating there isn't enough wood in the foream to open up to varmint weight barrels.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67