Thread: Headache finding base mounts mk II 22lr

B

Headache finding base mounts mk II 22lr

i bought it from walmart not realizing i would have such a big problem finding the scope mounts for it. its not the accutrigger, but it is all black. 10 rnd mag bolt action. i bought a bushnell 4x32 with rings but need the base mounts.walmart,academy,bass pro, none of em had them. anyway, my real gun shops are closed on sun/mon so there is a chance they might help tomorrow, but what has everybody else done? maybe some one knows the the size/millimeter? i also read you guys talking about not finding the screws and having to deal with savage. if i find a set will the screws work? should my local shop have savage specific hardware on hand? these are my questions....
    any help is appreciated. thinking about a sling, bipod..... anything else cool to put on it?

Rifleman51

Re: Headache finding base mounts mk II 22lr

Look at DIP Enterpries. They have a very nice one piece mount with screws for the Savage rimfires. About $38.00.
    They are available in 25 MOA also should you want to do some longer range shooting.

John K

B

thanks rifleman
    i did find the mounts at my LGS but of course had to buy a set of $25 rings. i also got a S&W case at that store. black plastic hardcase only $15 had to do it
    but my drama wasnt over there. the LGS wanted $40 to b mount it but didnt have time. so i went to academy, where its free. the guy is gettin into it and says one of the mounts doesnt fit. the holes were wrong.i swear that mount was twisted. crap , so i went back to LGS and got another one. went back to academy and watched the guy mount it (wish i coulda done it myself with their vise and level) then i went and paid for a trigger lock, strap and bipod. came back and i had missed the bore mount. oh well, got her done. i would like to get a few extra mags but i guess you gotta go through savage. gonna check that out

Cycler

Quote Originally Posted by B
    i would like to get a few extra mags but i guess you gotta go through savage. gonna check that out
    Lots of gun shops and chain stores like Gander Mountain and Cabelas sell Savage rimfire magazines. CDNN has them available by internet order.

B

thanks for the tip. i will stop by cabela's next time over by there.

Basic Member

thinking about a sling, bipod..... anything else cool to put on it?
    LOW BUDGET .22 TRAINER - start to "finish"
    a craftsman can't realize his full potential, without finding the potential of the tools he uses....

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TOP PREDATOR
    thinking about a sling, bipod..... anything else cool to put on it?
    LOW BUDGET .22 TRAINER - start to "finish"
    Thanks for the link - I haven't been to SH in years, this will be fun reading and useful since I just bought a new TR!
    Just a guy.

Geno

I just orderd two weaver brand #24 from midwayusa for I think eight bucks apiece. Worked perfect.