Thread: 6.5 Creedmore

Tommacebb

6.5 Creedmore

My son loves Savages and wants to get me a model 12 Long Range Precision in 6.5 Creedmore for Father's Day, even though I am a Remington 700 man. (What a good son I have!!) Does anyone have any experience with this model in this caliber? Thanks.

Re: 6.5 Creedmore

The Creedmoor was introduced by Hornady. Ruger, Winchester and Savage now chamber for it. In my opinion it just might eclipse the 260 Remington in the next several years. Hornady ammunition, brass and die sets are high quality and much cheaper than the Lapua 6.5x47.

http://demigodllc.com/articles/6.5-c...60-done-right/

chowder

You might want to look at the Savage model 11 long range hunter (in 6.5 creedmoor), it's got both the accutrigger and the accustock. It's been called "the most accurate factory rifle available". I think you will find that in general a Savage model 11 LRH will outperform a Remington 700 and leave a nice wad of spending $ in your pocket to boot! If you don't handload check out Hornady's new 'superformance' 6.5 Creedmoor cartridges.

Basic Member

hes not going to be hunting with it and the muzzlebreak is not necessary i also am not a fan of the accustock so he is gonna get the lrp and like ;D at least its not a remmy. you spelled creedmoor wrong by the way dad ::)

range rat

I've had a 6.5 CREEDMOOR for a year and a half. It's a great light recoil round that's accurate!!! The Hornady 6.5 Creedmoor brass is also exceptional. (Can't say the same for any other Hornady brass I've tried). Your LRP choice is definitely the way to go!!! I feel it's Savages best rifle.

Basic Member

im gonna buy 2 creedmoors 1 for each of us save on reloading

Nefarioud

Quote Originally Posted by Tim300wsm
    you spelled creedmoor wrong by the way dad ::)
    That's funny!

I was going for the 260 but until they're available I have plenty of time to change my mind.

I was going for the 260
    Why?

Tommacebb

Quote Originally Posted by Tim300wsm
    you spelled creedmoor wrong by the way dad ::)
    Crappy spellchecker

Nefarioud

Quote Originally Posted by wbm

Why?
    No reason in particular. Saw that Lapua brass was coming and I can use my .308 body die to bump the shoulders; but I don't see much of a performance advantage either way.

Basic Member

i like the creedmoor because the hornady brass is 1/3 the cost of the lapua and in a pinch i can buy hornady loaded ammo which in my experience has been the most accurate factory ammo in my old mans 204 ruger the 32 grains will group sub .5" consistently

I've been thinking about a 6.5X47 build but now you guys have me thinking hard about the Creedmoor..................again.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Tommacebb

Quote Originally Posted by range rat
    I've had a 6.5 CREEDMOOR for a year and a half. It's a great light recoil round that's accurate!!! The Hornady 6.5 Creedmoor brass is also exceptional. (Can't say the same for any other Hornady brass I've tried). Your LRP choice is definitely the way to go!!! I feel it's Savages best rifle.
    What kind of groups are you getting?

chowder

Still think I'd sell the 700 & buy the Model 11 6.5 Creedmoor LRH & use it as dual purpose rifle.Put the money from the 700 into some top notch glass and away you go!

Tommacebb

Quote Originally Posted by chowder
    Still think I'd sell the 700 & buy the Model 11 6.5 Creedmoor LRH & use it as dual purpose rifle.Put the money from the 700 into some top notch glass and away you go!
    I'll never sell the 700. It's very accurate and too much fun to shoot to get rid of. On an average day I'll get 3/8" groups at 100 yards and on a good day the groups are clover leafs. I hope the Savage can match that.

range rat

Tommacebb
    I don't bench shoot unless I'm doing load testing or barrel break in. And for some reason I didn't save the targets ??? The folder only had one target in it. This is 10 shots prone with sling at 300 yards with Hornady 120gr factory ammo. The rifle is a cooper 22 with a Creedmore spelled wrong on the barrel... So don't feel bad ;D .
    [img width=600 height=450]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n212/455mjd/001-68.jpg[/img]

chowder

Quote Originally Posted by Tommacebb
    Quote Originally Posted by chowder
    I'll never sell the 700. It's very accurate and too much fun to shoot to get rid of. On an average day I'll get 3/8" groups at 100 yards and on a good day the groups are clover leafs. I hope the Savage can match that.
    Sorry, wasn't trying to start something. Personally I just find it tough to add a long range gun + the glass to make it worth using with out giving up something else somewhere. The gun itself isn't too bad but the bill for 300yd + glass usually seems to turn the package into a wallet popper for me. Good luck & enjoy your shooting time!

Basic Member

it wont sting his wallet its a gift from me ;D

Tommacebb

Quote Originally Posted by range rat
    The rifle is a cooper 22 with a Creedmore spelled wrong on the barrel... So don't feel bad ;D .
    [img width=600 height=450]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n212/455mjd/001-68.jpg[/img]
    Lol - Thanks man, and nice grouping