Thread: Anybody use Sightron S3 8-32x56?

NoahbodyImportant

Anybody use Sightron S3 8-32x56?

Was thinking about getting the Sightron S3 8-32x56 for F/TR shooting. (600-1000yards)

Anybody use this scope? What are your experiences with this scope?

Also, looking for pictures with this mounted on a Savage 12 F/TR rifle. Will medium rings be high enough?

Also, looking for pictures of the mil-dot recticle at 600 and/or 1000 yards.

Thank You

Senderofan

Re: Anybody use Sightron S3 8-32x56?

Yes...I've got one mounted on my wife's rifle....for the money...they are a really decent scope! You didn't say what your set up is...so hard to say what height rings you'll need. My rifle is a target action with a Krieger #10 MTU contour barrel. I have a Ken Farrell 20 m.o.a one piece base and the rings are his medium height rings....works out very well.

Good Luck....The SIII is a great scope!

Wayne

NoahbodyImportant

I did forget to mention the setup. Savage 12 F/TR with EGW HD F-Class Extended 20moa scope.

Basic Member

My current f/tr rifle has the sightron 8-32 on it and i love it. The rifle i am working on has a vortex on it. when i get all the kinks worked out of it and get a load worked up for it i will be able to really put the vortex to the test. if i don't like it i will swap it out with the sightron. i don't see how you can go wrong with the sightron unless you want to buy something you can blame a bad score on.

Gary
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

Senderofan

Ken's bases are slightly thicker than my NightForce bases....I would think the EGW is very similar to either the bases I listed. With Ken's medium rings...he lists them as being .935 from scope center to the top of the ring base...I have slightly more than a 1/4 inch of clearance between the front objective and the barrel. I wouldn't feel comfortable with anything lower than the .8xx height.

Wayne

I have 2 of these scopes and they are VERY nice!!! Since you are using an EGW HD base I would probably go with a "high" ring set. The HD base is alot lower than a standard EGW base.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

NoahbodyImportant

I have these coming http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP281-7.html ... mediums.

If they are not high enough, I will switch to the "high".