Greetings all.
I just took delivery of a new model 10FCP-K. I spent an hour inspecting it for form and function. What a deal Savage has going on this rifle. A day later, I am still grinning ear to ear.
OK, my question is how did Savage set the torque on the accuwedge? When viewing the rifle from the bottom, I can only count three screws. The rear screw for the trigger guard, the middle screw under the bolt release for the action, and the front screw near the mag release for the action. I expected to see a fourth forward of my previously mentioned "front" screw that fastens the accuwedge. I see a round spot in the molding that appears to be in the correct place for the screw, about an eighth inch in front of the forward action screw, but it is not opened up to access the accuwedge screw.
I am positive that this is an accustock. Through the DBM well and by looking past the barrel I can see the aluminum bedding block not to mention that I had to remove two "accustock" stickers from the rifle.
Did Savage make a change for 2011 that I was not aware of, or is this a normal situation that requires me to drill out the stock to gain access?

Thanks in advance for any and all help with this.
MikeinGBWI