Thread: Whidden Gunworks V Block

Whidden Gunworks V Block

Was on http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/ on the Bulletin section has post on Whidden gun works new action V block for Savage Target, long and short actions, was in contact with whidden last year about just this v block no price at that time said would be available early this year guess ready to be sold

Basic Member

Re: Whidden Gunworks V Block

I have seen these (For the Savage, not the Rem), and they are sharp! I have not installed one or shot with one though, so no help there. . .
    Romans 10:9 "That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

Nefarioud

Finally!

I've been sitting here waiting for these to get done. I have a stock waiting on these. I think the concept is great. If you find a cool stock that was inlet for something else and has enough material for this you can recycle :)

John's shop is about 1.5 hours south of me in Nashville Georgia near Moody AFB. I've got to drive down there and see his operation.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

your link goes the the home page, not the article.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by NefariousD
    Finally!

I've been sitting here waiting for these to get done. I have a stock waiting on these. I think the concept is great. If you find a cool stock that was inlet for something else and has enough material for this you can recycle :)
    Thanks a great thought Dave. . .

Romans 10:9 "That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

Basic Member

I guess I don't see the advantage of these V blocks. If the action is not perfectly parallel, then contact is limited. When I purchased my first H&S stock with a similar imbedded V-style bock for a Rem700 my gunsmith frowned. He put contact marker on the action, installed in the factory stock and screwed in down. I was really dis-appointed to see all the points with minimal or no contact. He ground down the high spots and bedded the H&S stock with Steel Putty. Complete contact with a skim bed is the to go until someone proves otherwise to me. But, I am always open to new ideas and have wasted thousands on $$$ on things that didn't work out as planned in shooting. I can see the use for changing an inlet. That would be a cool.

If someone goes forward with this, please try and get pre-V block and post-V block results. You might convince me to try one.

Luck, tim

.223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

ironheadmike81

so, no body has tried one yet? I have a target action looking to bed down somewhere...

pacis custodis

Hey guys I a new here, but have been reading for a little while. Has anyone tried one of these yet? I am interested in the results because it is quite intriguing to be able to eccentially place this in any stock with enough meat left to it. Also, I hear that AI will be releasing an AICS later this year for Savages...

Thanks

Welcome to one of the best sites on the internet. Lets hope AI will make stocks for the centerfeed system, that would be great.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

A v block is a v block and if the reciever is not perfectly round you should have the same problem.It may work anyways as if you get 80% engagement it will probably be fine.I love the hs-precisions I own most have good contact and it isnt an issue. This is a good idea however how much to install it into your stock? If the block is 150.00 and inletting is say 100.00 plus any epoxys to make it permanent plus the cost of the original stock.say 150.00 and up,that is 400.00 before you are done.That is more than a hs-precision to start with and a skim bed job is fairly cheap.The kevlar is far more rigid to start with but not as nice looking as good wood or laminates.So where are we? We are spending tons of money as usual and are we happy,not till it gets done to be able to use it.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

Basic Member

jonbearman, I have a B & C Medalist with the aluminum skeleton & bedding block, which I am very pleased with as far as bedding goes. Have you ever tried one of these ? If so how does the B & C compair to the HS Precision ? Thanks- Jim