Thread: Sear Spring?

onesureshot

Sear Spring?

I have been working on a project for a while now, inletting a Boyd's Classic stock to fit a Savage DBM system and am getting pretty close to being done. As I was fitting the action to the stock, I removed the trigger and bolt release to make it easier. Yesterday while working on it, I noticed the sear spring is missing. I turned my work area upside down but could not find the sear spring. I went on the Savage website to order a new one with the part finder, and after entering my serial number, when I click on the sear spring, it says it is not sold to the public and must be fit by a gunsmith. Is that true? Is there that much difference in sear springs that they are not readily interchangable?

My next question, is if they can be swapped and are not that hard to "fit" or "time" or whatever you want to call it, where can I get a new one? This is for a short action / SS varmint action with the accutrigger.

Basic Member

Re: Sear Spring?

You can buy the spring from Brownells, Numrich, and Midway. Probably other places too.
    &quot;Michigan&#39;s DNR system is the biggest threat to it&#39;s whitetail herd&quot;<br />&quot; Forget Smith and Wesson, our house is protected by Holland and Holland&quot;

Re: Sear Spring?

I launched a sear spring a while back and never did find it, I made a new one by re-bending a coil spring of about the same diameter with a couple pairs of needle nose pliers. It works fine and the price was right :)

Bob
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!