Hello
My son in Law got a Neat Savage Edge rifle for a Christmas present from our daughter this year.I have seen these on my shooting range and they all seemed to group tight and function well, so I told her to get him one & it is chambered in 30-06 and has the matte blued or black finish with a Camo. stock. I sighted it in for him using Standard Remington 165 Grain ammo and it did all right with it, but I feel it has a lot more promise if hand loaded for. I am not familiar with this rifle and what works good in it in the 30-06 Caliber as far as Bullet selection meaning vendor & weight or what Powder's work well for accuracy out of it. I shoot a Vintage Husqvarna chambered in 30-06 and can tell you mine does not like the 165 or higher grain bullets as I fire the 150's in mine due to it's slower Barrel twist rate. My question is, has anyone worked up a good accurate load for one of these Edge rifles chambered in 30-06 and what powder and bullet combinations did you use ? I have been handloading for almost 20 Years, so if powder dispensment grains are shared in this thread, I will start out lower and work up to the rifles sweet spot. Thanks for all that respond to my need's here. Regards, Hammerdown