WE got 12-18" of fresh powder the past 30 hours and again another foot of powder the evening after this photo was taken. The only way I can shoot during the winter is crash through the headlight deep burm the snow plow leaves along the road with the 4-wheel drive and make it down to the beach where the tide washes a place to shoot.

Left to right: Factory 19" 300 Rum, Benchmark 338 WSM and the one I have been waiting for. 6.5WSM. I shot the 6.5 before sending all these barrels off and recorded the velocities. The average velocity gain for the 120 TSX and Rel 17 powder 200fps or 3450fps. Yes that means before Nitriding that 19" 3 groove Benchmark barrel shot the same bullet at 3250fps.

The Factory 300 RUM barrel was most impressive! The bottom left target is the 168gr TSX and the bottom right was the 165 Accubond, both are 3200+fps from the Nitrided factory barrel. The 180 Accubond shot one target above the top right target and was 3100+fps and 3 shots at 1". That bolt lift quite stiff so I have to change thoings up a bit.

Overview: I have 9 Nitrided barrels now and every one of them shoots exactly like what is seen in the picture. I am not in business and that which I do is for myself and friends that also must deal with the harshest climate there is. SOme have said that Nitriding hurts accuracy. Picture is for real and they have never had a barrel nitrided, EVER! Give John a call @ 763-439-4867 if you want to piggyback on my next load. Actually I have one load left to do and I am done. If he charges you more than $45. give me a shout and you can just pigg back with me! If I know you that is. The first guy I was using charged $85. and it took me 4 months and a lot of harrassing to get my barrels and actions back. Both Chromemoly and stainless turn out the same rich blue black color.

[img width=600 height=450]http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk460/emeraldislandlover/002-2.jpg[/img]

[img width=600 height=450]http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk460/emeraldislandlover/001-5.jpg[/img]

Neal