Thread: Leupold Reticle Change

musselvalley

Leupold Reticle Change

I have an older Vari X 3 that has large hunting hairs. Want to change this to a varmint reticle, and target knobs, anyone had experience with this same set up? Can't really find a for sure on Leupold's page that this can be done.

Basic Member

Re: Leupold Reticle Change

Why do you want the varmint reticle AND target turrets? To my way of thinking the varmint reticle it to prevent you from having to twist dials in the field.

PS - I love the varmint reticle for shooting at small varmints a long way out there!

Keith

musselvalley

Last year when I went to SD, wind was so bad i used the v reticle to gauge walking the bullet in as i doped the scope. It worked for me in 25 mph winds. Plus they just look cool.

bubbinator

Go to T K lee's web site(info@Scopedot.com) and look them over. They may be able to help your on an excellent reticle change. I bought 2 old Weavers, a K4 and K6 with the Lee Target Dot reticles from a local gunshop and have absolutely fallen in love with them. The crosshairs are so fine(spider web) that all you focus on is the dot, and it is tiny. I shot the smallest groups in my entire reloading experience (since 1970 with a 223 I owned since 1973 (Rem 700 HB VArmint Rifle) after I put the 6X on it-5 rounds into a small ragged hole @ 100 yds smaller than a dime off 2 sandbags over a truck hood!

You might try the Leupold custom shop. Your warranty will not be effected. Check out question #1 & 2. http://www.leupold.com/corporate/res...s/#questionOne

Joe O

Call Leupold.They can fix you up with the turrets.With the Varmint reticle,I would just go with the elevation turret in either target or M1,depending if you want a cap or not.The M1 is larger dia and does not have a cap.The bars on the Varmint reticle work great for windage hold off.

Basic Member

Check out Darrel Hollands website. He has a reticle for Leupold as well as other high end scopes.
    laportecharlie

tenwalker

I have 3 Leupolds with the Varmint reticle and none of them have target knobs the system works fine. I bought these three with this reticle so I did not have to screw around with knobs. You will spend most of your time twisting and resetting and trying to remember where your zero was, when you could be killing dogs!!!!!!!!

Basic Member

Leupold will make you a custom dot reticle to your specs for $80.00. This is cheaper than the varmint hunter or B&C reticle, and they will put 3 dots exactly where you want them. Just give them the load or you can do the figuring and tell them where to place the dots. While they have it apart, they will service the scope whether it has issues or not. It the best deal going.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."