Thread: Savage Model #10

rhbrink

Savage Model #10

I was looking around the Savage web site and saw that Savage is making a 10 FCM Scout chambered in the 7.62 X 39. Thinking about buying one to use in Hunter type castbullet matches. I thought that also it might make a great switch barrel to 22 PPC, 6mmPPC, 6.5 Grendel to name a few but noticed that at the front of the action that barrel nut appears different than the rest of the savage line. Is this some cosmetic look or is there a difference to the point that the normal switch barrels will not work?

Thanks for the great web site.

Richard

82boy

Re: Savage Model #10

Welcome to the site.
    The gun you are looking at come with the Accu-stock, because of this they use a smooth barrel nut on this model guns. (No reason why, it is all cosmetics.) As far as a switch barrel gun you will have to buy a special nut wrench, and the only company that I know of that sell such a thing is Sharp Shooters Supply. I don't know what you are planning to do with the rifle, but you may want to consider what rifle you buy. The accu-stock guns, have the bolt release in the trigger guard, the cocking indicator is in the back of the bolt body, and they use a different recoil lug. With that said, you may have difficulty installing aftermarket triggers, or finding proper fitting aftermarket stocks.