Thread: Stock Question For a 16FHSS

leftyboy

Stock Question For a 16FHSS

Hello,
    A newbe to the forum and Savage rifles! I have a 16FHSS with the bottom door magazine system. There in lies my problem. I want to put a nice aftermarket wood stock on it BUT there does not seem to be any manufacturers that make such a thing. Am I stuck with this cheapo synthetic stock for good???? ::)

Help and input appreciated.

Curt

rock337

Re: Stock Question For a 16FHSS

Not sure if this will help, but i found mine here. http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Default.aspx

Basic Member

I have the same gun, I switch it around to different stocks all the time, any stock with 4.4 spacing will work

TReX300

Going by your name I guess you are a lefty? Is your gun an FLHSS (left hand) then or a FHSS? I'm in the same boat right now looking to get a stock for the hinged floor plate. I see that Savage lists their replacement stock as the DBM/HF stock making me think that the hinged floor plate gun and detachable box mag gun guns use the same stock. I havent been able to find either in an after market for a left handed gun. I did notice though that the Savage American Classic comes left handed with a DBM. The stock from that gun could possibly be used on a 16FHSS or 16FLHSS????? I would be interested to know if they are interchangeable and what an American Classic stock is worth. Better yet info on where to get a laminated stock for it.

Thanks
    Tim

Basic Member

DBM/HS Same stock, HS Presision perfect drop in for both, Stockys has them

TReX300

I went over the HS stuff and didn't see anything for a lefty. Anyone have any idea what a factory replacement American Classic stock is worth?

Thanks
    Tim

leftyboy

I shoot right handed because of my dominant eye. I had a great visit with the Choate company owner and he fixed my up. Got an aluminum inserted composite, target stock with the adjustable butplate that can be moved by loosening a screw, and also adjusts up, and a cheekpiece for me to install on my own for $340 to my door. GREAT person to visit with and the gun went together without a single handup. I like the insert because it does away with the need to have the gun bedded. ;D

tnks for your comments Curt