Thread: Rings and bases

Big Smitty

Rings and bases

What is everyon using for rings and bases on the 110 actions? I have older rifles that have the flat area on the rear and round on the front. I have used Leupold dovetails in the past but can't find them locally. Just need a recommendation so I can get glass on the 2 rifles. Thanks!

mil-dot

Re: Rings and bases

On my Savage 10, I use Nightforce rings and bases. They cost around $250 for both.

Jesse

Basic Member

i have a bench-source base and burris signiture zee rings about 70 a peice egw makes a more inexpensive base about 35-40 weavers are like 10 bucks but with the 2 peice design on a long action you need a long tube scope to fit

I just bought Burris Xtreme Tactical bases & Signature Zee rings for the flat-rear 110 I'm building.

Team Savage

I use EGW bases and Burris Extreme rings.

Farrel bases are top notch too.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUP
    I just bought Burris Xtreme Tactical bases & Signature Zee rings for the flat-rear 110 I'm building.
    Me too.

Basic Member

I use both EGW and Nightforce picatinny rail bases with Warne rings.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

mopar440

i have EGW and burris XTR on 2 rifle's and another set of XTR on my AR15 all work great

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUP
    Just installed these today, and the medium Sig Zee rings on the Tactical bases leave plenty of (but not excessive) room between the objective of my 5-20x44 Nikon Monarch and the barrel. That scope has a somewhat short tube for a long action, but had plenty of length with these bases.

Basic Member

Grand slam steel bases and rings or Millet steal bases and rings or combo of both.
    I do not use or recommend aluminum anymore on anything over .22 cal. center fire.
    Just my opion.
    Let him grow, Shoot a doe !

ajlandis

I've used expensive stff before, but unless you're life will depend on it not breaking, I'd stick with a burris (or equivalent) standard or dual dovetail base (1 or 2 piece). And I'm a huge fan of burris signature rings. Weaver style bases with burris signature zee's would suit me, too, but there are less parts to come loose on a dual dovetail set-up. I really, really like the signatures.

helotaxi

I just took the Leupold bases and Signature rings off my older 110 and replaced them with an EGW base and Signature Zee rings. I have Signatures for most of my rifles.

bgc

I have Leupold standard 2 piece on most of them, however last night, I bedded an EGW one piece on a Model 10.

Basic Member

ok you guys have alot more experience with this than I are you using steel or aluminum egw bases? nightforce through midway 119 egw steel 80 ish but all sold out im building a want to be bullet proof 223 mod. 12 gota choate stock in transit want to do it right the first time but with some sence 20moa or not? steel vs. alum. ? i dont mind buying badger ordance stuff if thats what it takes im not throwing the gun off a mountain it will get used in pd towns and coyote hunting riding around in trucks and suck. anything you guys have to offer would be greatly appreciated as well thanks
    couple of savages

helotaxi

.223? Aluminum. No question. The only reason that I would consider moving up to the steel base would be on a rifle that actually has some recoil and even then, it isn't really necessary. Just make sure the the crossbolt is all the way forward in the slot before tightening them down.

I'm using the aluminum on all of my rifles. From my 223 up to my sporter 338RUM and heavy 338 Edge.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

bgc

Aluminum

Basic Member

I thank you guys greatly for the info. I will get them on order and get to the range working up some 68 gr. pills to try along with some 52s for grins. my remington 700 sps like the 52s with h322 pushin so im hoping for a break through on a load before going to south dakata. I know this is off subject and i dont mean to walk on someones thread. Im new to the whole forum thing. Is there anyone out there that can or has rebarreled a 110 30-06 with a heavy barrel? i loveeeeeeeeeeeee the rifle and wanna heavy barrel to shoot long range im just having problems justifying the 900bucks to put a kreiger on it? anymore advice?
    couple of savages