Thread: Model 111FXP3

swampcrawler

Model 111FXP3

So I got a chance to purchase one of these 30.06- w/Simmons scope--sling--and nice hard case. Haven't seen it yet, but I believe the model # he gave me is wrong, because he mentioned it had a "detachable mag. Think it needs a "C" in their somewhere. Anyway, supposedly almost new, only fired by a little ole lady on the way to church on Sundays,, you know the drill ! $350.00 --So the question is : Whats up with that particular model, and is it worth the $350--oh yea,, it has a blk. comp. stock. I have a 110 in "06" thats scary accurate, can I expect the same from the 111. Thanks,, I await your responses

Re: Model 111FXP3

That depends on just how much it has been shot. I would normally say it is about the right price,( not a rip-off, but not a steal either). But then I just checked over on gunbroker to see what they are going for new, and they are between $350-450.

Id say if you are buying it face-to-face and can get out of paying shipping and ffl then it is a good deal. If not then you would be just as good to buy a new one.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member

I just bought a Model 111FCXP3 in .270 cal. for $356. New at our local Bi Mart Store. It has the detachable magazine.
    While doing other things I often wish I were hunting.
    While hunting I seldom, if ever, wish I were doing anything else

erikrs301

I got a 111FCXP3 in 30-06 a couple months ago from Dick's for $369. It is center feed and they're using a Bushnell 3-9x40 scope now that actually held a zero through 20 rounds...unlike the Simmons junk. I just got a card board box, no hard case included.

clayton

I ordered a 111FCXP3 which I pick up tomorrow night. The dealer noted to me on the phone that you do need the "C" in the model number to get the detachable magazine.

Really my first rifle, I've been shooting IDPA with handguns for the last two years. Wife wants me to get into hunting as she grew up on venison.

I'm hoping that Simmons is not the junk indicated here as I'm less than enthuastic about buying new optics at this time. I've already spent about $300 or more in accessories and reloading supplies, yet haven't even taken delivery yet.

I'll have more to report Monday or Tuesday after I've had a chance to fire.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.