I always get a lot of good feedback from the forums on this site and I trust a lot of the advice I get. So I really need some help here if you folks have a minute.

I am finally able to plan my first ever elk hunt in the fall of 2011 and do not have anyone close to me that has ever taken an elk or even been on a hunt. This has been a huge dream of mine folks and I can hardly tell you how excited I am. I got to thank God first for giving me this golden opportunity…

I have settled on a gun, 325 wsm and am having a stockade stock put on it and will be sighting it in hopefully starting in April when I finally get it back. I reload, so I hope to iron out a good load. Not sure this would have been my caliber of choice, but I got such a good deal on this gun (16fs stainless) for $405 tax and all and I was told this would be adequate for Elk..

My question to you folks is how do I go about setting this hunt up, who to contact and where..?

I have searched for guides, but I don’t know anything about this. My experience has been that if you do not really know what you are doing, you usually don’t get the best deal. I am an avid whitetail hunter with my current setup of nice savage 270 wsm mounted in a boyds stock. I have a 4 x 12 50mm scope and have taken a couple of deer 300 yards. Would not have shot these deer at closer range because they were under my specs, but I needed to feel confident about my shooting at that distance. I have read that some elk shots could be around 400, so I will scope up my rig and set up my reloads for that. I have read about the 500/600 yard elk shots, but at my age, not sure I can even see that far.

Please give me any advice you can. Like I said, I have never been and not even sure how to set something like this up..

If you want, please email me at wal0001@yahoo.com.. (wal with three zeros and a 1)…

Thanks in advance everyone…