Thread: B&C medalist long action stock?

montana_native

B&C medalist long action stock?

I thought I read on here that there was one of these in the works similar to the SA A-2 style.

Has it hit the street yet?

Thanks.

Basic Member

Re: B&C medalist long action stock?

I don't think it has. I'm waiting too. ;D
    Stu

shootergirl24

Stockysstocks.com has them coming in the next few weeks. They are the A2 style for the long action blind magazine rifles

Basic Member

Thanks for the heads up.
    Stu

Tough decision............get the new Choate Tactical (when it's out shortly) for the long action or the Medalist...........D*#N!
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

nelson34

i have only seen the choate tactical for centerfeed, and have only seen the medalist for stagger feed. are they going to make them for the others, or do they already?

nuclabuyer

I order an A2 tactical from stockys and they are not the tactical style. I talked to the lady there and she said stockys and B&C had a misunderstanding. The one that I got is just like a standard sport style. They offered to refund, but I just put it on another gun. She also said that B&C didnt plan on making a long action tactical style stock at this time..

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GaCop
    Tough decision............get the new Choate Tactical (when it's out shortly) for the long action or the Medalist...........D*#N!
    I've been waiting for something better than the duramax to put on my 110FP and this would be a difficult choice.

Quote Originally Posted by nuclabuyer
    I order an A2 tactical from stockys and they are not the tactical style. I talked to the lady there and she said stockys and B&C had a misunderstanding. The one that I got is just like a standard sport style. They offered to refund, but I just put it on another gun. She also said that B&C didnt plan on making a long action tactical style stock at this time..

Sounds like they made the choice easier on us. I guess I'll be going with the Choate.

Did you talk to someone at Stocky's or B&C?

Quote Originally Posted by teddy12b
    Quote Originally Posted by GaCop
    I've been waiting for something better than the duramax to put on my 110FP and this would be a difficult choice.

Quote Originally Posted by nuclabuyer

Sounds like they made the choice easier on us. I guess I'll be going with the Choate.

Deathray

I sent an email to stocky's since I was waiting for the B&C Medalist for my long action build. It's vaporware.

I did get an email from Choate, their long action tactical stock in the works and is due out "early next year."

scooterbear

The Long Action stock are available at Shooters Discount

http://shootersdiscount.com/cart/ind...&search=Submit

Deathray

Just to make sure everyone's on the same sheet of music, that's the monte carlo style stock, not the varmint/tactical stock.

It's a nice stock, but not what many were expecting.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathray
    I sent an email to stocky's since I was waiting for the B&C Medalist for my long action build. It's vaporware.

I did get an email from Choate, their long action tactical stock in the works and is due out "early next year."
    Just trying to be clear but I assume vaporware means it'll never exist.

Regarding the Choate stock I had e-mailed Fred and he gave me the impression that it'd be out within a month or two from now.

Basic Member

I just want to put something on my rifle other than a Duramax. Not that it's a bad stock, but I'd rather have something a little more comfortable.

Deathray

Quote Originally Posted by teddy12b
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathray

Just trying to be clear but I assume vaporware means it'll never exist.

Regarding the Choate stock I had e-mailed Fred and he gave me the impression that it'd be out within a month or two from now.
    Perhaps not "never" exist, but Stocky's was expecting medalist varmints(and so was I), but it ended up being the sporters for the long action. Perhaps now that they've got the production of the bedding system for the long actions down, it won't be long before B&C stuffs them into a modified medalist varmint/tactical mold.

And yes, Choate emailed me back as well stating early next year on his long action tactical stock.