Thread: Savage knew & we didn't...

chadster73

Savage knew & we didn't...

If anyone was wondering why savage was coming out with the .260 this new year w/some of the "brass issues" that this caliber has... well they knew something that we didn't. Lapua IS coming out with .260 Remington brass this year! For many this is a game changer.
    Hats off to Savage for offering existing platforms in this awesome caliber! With Reloader 17 and Lapua brass coming... for those in the "6.5 niche" this is big news!

nomosendero

Re: Savage knew & we didn't...

Indeed, I was thinking Creedmoor, but this complicates things again!!

cfvickers

Wish it were the Creedmore, but the .260 will be easier to market as the availability of factory loads is more common in most places. I do like how they are introducing the 6.5 calibers in more of their rifles lately. All of the 6.5s/.264s are WAY under rated. RL17 seems almost custom fdesigned for 6.5s. In fcold temps I use it and get 3280fps from my 6.5-284 LRH without any sign of pressure and 130gr. VLD. Minimal stretching of the case and head expansion. Have to slow it down when it gets hot out though.

Nefarioud

Quote Originally Posted by cfvickers
    Wish it were the Creedmore,
    There is a Creedmore in the LRP: 19137 6.5 CREEDMORE 1 in 8" 26" 46.25" 11 lbs 4 $1081.00.

Look in the industry news under new for 2011.

PRM

I'm thinking a 260 in the Lightweight Hunter might be a fun rifle.

range rat

Don't let the Hornady brass keep you from the 6.5 Creedmoor. It's quality and consistency seems to be as good and sometimes measures up to be better than some of Lapua offerings I have. They took their time with the Creedmoor brass. The biggest problem with the 6.5 Creedmoor is proper spelling. There are WAY too many gun makers out there with spelling errors on their barrels. I own one of them ;D.,. I see Savage has the website corrected.

chadster73

One thing that Savage is definately guilty of as of late is offering the customer base more and more options and 2011 will be no different! Keep up the great work Savage! No wonder Savage is solidifying it's presence at the top!

Don't let the Hornady brass keep you from the 6.5 Creedmoor. It's quality and consistency seems to be as good and sometimes measures up to be better than some of Lapua offerings I have.
    Indeed it is. Their dies are also first rate.

Good to hear about the 260 brass. On the other hand, the Creedmoor has a lot going for it. I think that is why Savage is also coming out with that one.

http://demigodllc.com/articles/6.5-c...60-done-right/