Thread: model 110 BA

ironheadmike81

model 110 BA

I see Savage is marketing a >338 Lapua Mag. So is this a completely
    proprietary set up, or just a larger bolt head on a long action ?

Nefarioud

Re: model 110 BA

It's it's own thing to a large extent. Small port long action (Large target action if you will) I don't really know what other things were changed but apparently it's "accurized" like some of the high end target rifles. I have one and like it (except for it's powder appetite, but what'a ya gonna do?)

This is a pretty good article on it http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/savage-110-ba/

ironheadmike81

Oh you have one! Have you been able to wring it out yet?
    Best groups? What load/bullet does it like?
    Does the brake work out pretty well?

Nefarioud

Yes, I've actually used it quite a bit.

So far I've only shot MOA steel plates at various distances from about 300-1900 (1900 is a human size plate and it's HARD to hit even with sighters, it's even harder to tell when you hit it) with 300 sierras. seems to favor US869 and H1000 in copious amounts.

The Brake is highly effective at controlling recoil and blowing anything you happen to leave on the table next to the muzzle about 20 feet to the side while hot gases pierce holes in said object.

Bodywerks and a few other folks also have these and have done reports on them if you search 110BA it might shed a little more light

ironheadmike81

Very cool article, Thanks.
    The 9 twist is a great idea for sure, I am green with envy.
    Have you seen the Bore tech V3 bullets yet in 245 Grn?
    The advertised BC is .869.!

Nefarioud

Quote Originally Posted by ironheadmike81

Very cool article, Thanks.
    The 9 twist is a great idea for sure, I am green with envy.
    Have you seen the Bore tech V3 bullets yet in 245 Grn?
    The advertised BC is .869.!
    Have not seen those, but I did meet Brian Litz on Tuesday for a long range shooting clinic and had a nice chat with him after the class. His take on ballistics is very practical and well worth looking into. He is a very pleasant fellow with a lot of insight into how these things work. I liked him enough to part with $40 for his book and after reading over the last two nights would recommend that anyone serious about going far do the same. His site is http://www.appliedballisticsllc.com/

ironheadmike81

So, have you tried any of the 250 ish examples through that beast? Scenars, SMK's, if so I was
    curious about any powder insights you might have gained. I have read Retumbo and RL 22
    show promise in that weight range.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.