Thread: should I get it

hevihitter

should I get it

Was at the local gun shop today and saw a new Stevens 30-06 in the clearance rack for $250.Is this a good price.Figured I would need to replace the trigger and and might get 25-06 barrel.Thanks for your thoughts

hailstone

Re: should I get it

In my area there's been many Stevens Model 200's for sale in the $230 to $275 range. Some cases there overstock or stale inventory. Suspect in some cases there turning there money for another type of inventory that has sales potential.

Not a bad price at all. Here in the classifieds, standard actions alone go for around $250.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Captain Finlander

It comes down to OAL cost. It's $250 ++ to get it home then the trigger and a stock and a barrel, etc... When you get to the final product what have you spent? It is always cheaper to cut to the chase provided the factory offers the combination your looking for. What is the cost to get the action 1 to 1 with a Savage? I just bought a loose Savage action and didn't have to fuss with it.

Basic Member

Stevens rifles are hard to find in my area, and when I do see a new one for sale, the price tag is always more than $300.

ajlandis

In my area, that's a really good price.

John Model 10

That is a good price and, if you look on Gunbroker, that's about the cheapest you'll find one, NIB. Then, you still have to pay shipping and transfer. I'd say "go for it".

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.