Thread: hogue stock

Basic Member

hogue stock

Any of you folks tried the hogue aluminum bedded stocks? I got a tremendous deal on a 325 wsm and was planning to build this for my elk rifle. The stock though is very flimsy on the end and I wanted something stiff enough so I can float the barrel without the stock touching.

I have a boyds laminate on my deer rifle and love it. Might go back, but I was looking to cut off 1 or 1.5 pounds.

Thanks...

11fcns

Re: hogue stock

i have yet to see the new Hogue stocks in person. you say the forend is soft? sound like the same problem with the Hogues that come on the 700SPS Tactical. figured for the price Hogue is charging they'd fix that problem.

Basic Member

You'd be better off looking into a Stockade (Heard he can get these into the 20-30 oz range) or Bell & Carlson (Carbelite, Duramaxx or Medalist, though someone will have to help you with the relative weights) for the price of the Hogue. Non of what I mentioned will go much over $250.

http://www.stockadegunstocks.com/

You also better check and make sure if you have a staggered feed or center feed; while Stockade will do either, B&C is not doing these light weight stocks in a center feed yet.

Most would tell you to go with the Stockade I would think. . .

Adam
    Romans 10:9 "That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

Basic Member

Thanks .. called Kevin at Stockade, he was a lot of help and answered a ton of my questions. I am headed that route...

Basic Member

Sure, I would say the quality of his stuff is on par with HS Precision.
    Romans 10:9 "That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."