Thread: Single Shot Loading Platform

gzig5

Single Shot Loading Platform

Hello,
    I'm new around here but have had a Mod 10FP .22-250 for more than ten years, just haven't shot it much since leaving CA. I'm going on a ground squirrel shoot in April and am trying to get the rifle ready. I had put in a SSS trigger before I fired a shot and I bedded the tupperware stock and tried to stiffen the forend which is like a wet noodle. Worked pretty good and I got 10 shot groups under an inch at 100. So, I've aquired a Palma stock and will modify it to fit my action, maybe with a bedding block. To get to the point, I don't want or need a magazine but I will need a loading platform. Before I go through the trouble of making one, does anybody make a slim loading ramp that would not project outside the dimensions of the action? This is a stagger feed mag, and I did not see one on the SSS sit for this action. I'd probably epoxy or TIG it in place, or it could be mounted to the stock for that matter.
    Greg

82boy

Re: Single Shot Loading Platform

Welcome to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by gzig5
    I don't want or need a magazine but I will need a loading platform. Before I go through the trouble of making one, does anybody make a slim loading ramp that would not project outside the dimensions of the action?
    Yup SSS does, you need to take the center feed block and trim it to fit, but once your done it works great. I have one I epoxied in, and one that SSS placed tabs in the mag cut out that supports the block.