Thread: New Axis/Edge .308 shoots MOA

Out West

New Axis/Edge .308 shoots MOA

Second trip to the range with my new Edge/Axis. It shot good the first time considering what I paid for it. But I wondered how it would shoot with some quality ammo. So I took it back to the range with some Federal Match 168 HPBT ammunition. I had to make some very minor adjustments as I had sighted in with a lighter bullet. After the adjustments were made I focused on milking the best groups I can muster. The rifle didn't disappoint. It easily shot MOA with nice overlapping hits right on the bullseye.

I am very happy with this "economy" rifle. Can't wait to take it to the field for some deer hunting.

Out
    West

ellobo

Re: New Axis/Edge .308 shoots MOA

Its a savage so the accuracy should not be a surprise. For the one gun hunter with limited budget or the first time shooter/hunter it is a hell of a bargain. With barrel swapping capability you can hunt Africa or varmints in USA with minimum cost one one action and stock with various other models.

el Lobo

Herman

Yep, the only thing my Edge needs to shoot better is a better shooter! The best I got out of it so far is just under .5 MOA (7/16") with hand loads. If the only thing that matters to you in a gun is accuracy and price, the Edge/Axis is the gun. And if you're even half way mechanically inclined, you can improve the trigger pull significantly as well.

Congrats on a good purchase!

Basic Member

Well i was finally able to hold one the other day, i had to drive 80 miles each way to do it. I was suprised how light it was and yes the trigger will be an easy fix, a light weight barrel will make this a heck of a carry rifle. Didn't feel the stock flex that some have complained about. Now all i have to do is find one in ss for the new light weight barrel i have. blue