Thread: Cheap scope find - Pine Ridge 2-7X32

Cheap scope find - Pine Ridge 2-7X32

While I was shopping through Ebay for used scopes, I ran across this Pine Ridge 2-7X32, old stock, new in the box for $39.99 OBO.I offered $34.99 and it was mine.

I bought one of these probably 15 years ago in the "Bargain Cave" at Cabelas and put it on my Ruger 77-22 and I've really liked it a lot. I find the optics to be quite good and it's been super accurate on that rifle. It doesn't see any rough treatment but it's held zero dead on for all this time. I've adjusted the elevation a time or two for different ammo or yardage but I don't think I've ever touched the side adjustment.

For a scope that was always in the lower-budget category, this is a good scope. I just compared it to my Vortex Crossfire II 2-7X and the clarity and light seem to be at least as good. Eye relief is ample and the eyebox isn't overly position sensitive. There are plenty of comments on the internet about these scopes not holding up on rifles with substantial recoil and I don't think I'd trust it on a heavy hitter but I find it to be a perfect scope for a rimfire or maybe small-caliber centerfire. I like the look of the old-school eyepiece and the compact profile.

All in all, I'm happy to have a spare one of these. Anyone had any particularly good or bad experiences with them?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	149.5 KB 
ID:	10637

I’ve never heard of that brand before. Glad it’s working out for you. Do you have any idea who is the actual manufacturer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Md Wilson View Post
    I’ve never heard of that brand before. Glad it’s working out for you. Do you have any idea who is the actual manufacturer?

It was one of Cabela's store brands. They've had several lines from budget to high end. They just have the Cabala's branded scopes now. Don't know who actually makes them but some of them seem to be pretty decent for the money. If I hadn't owned one of these had good luck with it, I wouldn't necessarily consider it. It's probably comparable to a "name brand" scope at 3 or 4 times what I paid, though. :)

I guess in the long run as long as it’s working great for you it really doesn’t matter who really made it.

I have an older 2-7 on my 6.8 SPC AR that was made by Burris and it’s been a champ.

That was a common one in the bargain cave. That only meant it was sold and returned. With there catalog mail order test and return sales, That was common to see.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

The magnification adjustment knob looks very similar to older Nikon models.

That's what I'm seeing, too. I've seen internet posts alluding to these being the same as some Nikon models but no way of knowing if that's true.
    The original one I got in Cabela's Bargain Cave has been perfect on my 77-22, so no complaints. I was happy to get this one for a cheap price and I'm tempted to find another rimfire bolt action just to have a place to park it. :D :D :D