Thread: Mdt field stock

Mdt field stock

Any one with input on the mdt field stock. Thinking of putting one on an ultralight 6.5 creedmoor. Curious about the weight difference. Thanks for the help

MDT claims 3.1 lbs for the stock.....
    Keeping my bad Karma intact since 1952

I have one on my .223 Model 11 top bolt release. I really like the ergonomics. Installation fit was perfect. Huge upgrade over the factory wood stock in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dman86 View Post
    I have one on my .223 Model 11 top bolt release. I really like the ergonomics. Installation fit was perfect. Huge upgrade over the factory wood stock in my opinion.

Do you feel any weight penalty over the factory stock? Ho about any fforend flexing? Any improvement of groups?
    Thanks

I had this rifle sitting in my safe for a while and bought the field stock with the intention of bringing it out of retirement and starting a project. That said I did much more extensive group testing and found it consistently shot 69smk’s under half moa while other bullets were in the 1.5-2 moa range. I never tried the rifle with the smk’s before changing the stock so it’s hard to say whether the field stock helped groups at all. I pulled the stock off and weight is right at 3.1 lbs so weigh your factory stock and see the difference. Barrel channel is generous on a standard steel barrel. There is some movement when I push side to side on the barrel and fore end but it’s not close to touching which my savage factory fore ends have always done. If you want to stick to super light the Stocky’s VG looks like another good option at a good price for a pound less. I got the field stock on Black Friday for under $200 so I couldn’t pass on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dman86 View Post
    I had this rifle sitting in my safe for a while and bought the field stock with the intention of bringing it out of retirement and starting a project. That said I did much more extensive group testing and found it consistently shot 69smk’s under half moa while other bullets were in the 1.5-2 moa range. I never tried the rifle with the smk’s before changing the stock so it’s hard to say whether the field stock helped groups at all. I pulled the stock off and weight is right at 3.1 lbs so weigh your factory stock and see the difference. Barrel channel is generous on a standard steel barrel. There is some movement when I push side to side on the barrel and fore end but it’s not close to touching which my savage factory fore ends have always done. If you want to stick to super light the Stocky’s VG looks like another good option at a good price for a pound less. I got the field stock on Black Friday for under $200 so I couldn’t pass on it.

Thanks for the info