Thread: Need some help

Need some help

Good day have you ever hit a brick wall trying to get some information.
    I have looked all over trying to get some info on my savage model 116 cal 375 H&H in a 26" barrel.
    Will take some photos to help. Please let me know if you have any knowledge about it.
    Thank you and have a Blessed day.
    Pastor Doug

Welcome Pastor4327. You have a stainless rifle, with a long action and in stock configuration it has a composite/plastic stock. The ammo is expensive and it will bruise your shoulder. A longer eye relief scope may be a good option. Outside of that, there are several guys who have them on the forum and if you are looking for more specific model information, I am sure someone will chime in.

Jim Baker has assembled a lot of information and articles that might yield some good information. You just need to search. Serial numbers can give you manufacture dates, those can lead you to posted Savage sales books. That can give you information about one of the many design changes that series may have gon through like trigger assemblies etc.... Look in the FAQ's and articles section on the home page. Good luck in your endeavor.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Thank you for the start of the venture on getting to learn more about the 375.Yes the ammo is out of the world but about 3 years ago when i pick this up at a pawn shop they gave me good price and with just under 400 rounds of ammo . But to this day i think its a bit over kill for me down here in Florida so it just sits in the cabinet.

On the bright side you have the right firearm for a gizzly hunt. Or you could sell the ammo and barrel. Get a different barrel, bolthead and magazine for a different cartridge.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Looked up the SN# and is around 2002. Going to check around Tampa bay and see if any one is looking for this model.
    The ammo is probably going to be a big plus if i part with it in the future. Like i said its just sitting i have never put a round thru it.
    And to this day the truth is it looks like no one has LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor4327 View Post
    Thank you for the start of the venture on getting to learn more about the 375.Yes the ammo is out of the world but about 3 years ago when i pick this up at a pawn shop they gave me good price and with just under 400 rounds of ammo . But to this day i think its a bit over kill for me down here in Florida so it just sits in the cabinet.
    Definitely overkill in Florida, lol!
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67